5.0 Headers - A new Idea | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5.0 Headers - A new Idea

I would like to know what the cost would be if we got 30 people, cause I would be very interested in this.

If they say they could make headers then I think we should get people together and try to make this happen. That's what we want right? Somebody to finally make us all headers right?

So, who's gonna be the guinne pig?:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think many people on this site would like to sign up for 5.0 headers. However, this reminds me of the situation that's currently going on for front lockers. Companies come on here, and people express interest, but nothing ever happens.

What we need to do, much like the locker guys, is get a thread going that's stickied to the top and get a list going of who wants what and what they would be willing to spend. It may help, it may not.

For me, I want to build a 100% new exhaust system; I would prefer long tubes, since the cost of the header-back system is the same when going all new. I'm not ready to spend thousands (on the headers alone) for a naturally asiprated truck, but at the same time see no problem in spending at least several hundred for quality headers. Custom applications cost $$$, but if there is a decent amount of people who commit than it becomes feasible.

One big problem is many companies want people to pre-pay for their products on custom runs like these. This is where many people back out and say no.

Headers please

I am very interested in getting any type of custom header for my Explorer. I would liek to be kept up to date and would be wiling ot put my name down on a list of potential buyers for these custom headers. Maybe we should start another thread for this purpose exactly.

I'm in!! I need a set of headers. Let me know. Richard

I started a new thread to see what the level of interest is.

Gentlemen,

The answer is Torque Monster Headers by Tech Performance & Engineering in San Diego, CA. Go to "torquemonsterheaders.com" or "section525/xpage" to get the hot scoop!

For you 5.0 V8 Explorer/Mountaineer Guys, these are the best headers for your vehicle! We are in the process of running an Introductory Special.

Go to "torquemonsterheaders.com" for all the info including test results on our test mule, a 1998 5.0 V8 Explorer "Eddie Bauer" 4X4.

All the Best,

Bob Pasquale
Tech Performance & Engineering
Torque Monster Headers
P.O. Box 22088
San Diego, CA 92192

rcpasq said:
Gentlemen,

The answer is Torque Monster Headers by Tech Performance & Engineering in San Diego, CA. Go to "torquemonsterheaders.com" or "section525/xpage" to get the hot scoop!

For you 5.0 V8 Explorer/Mountaineer Guys, these are the best headers for your vehicle! We are in the process of running an Introductory Special.

Go to "torquemonsterheaders.com" for all the info including test results on our test mule, a 1998 5.0 V8 Explorer "Eddie Bauer" 4X4.

All the Best,

Bob Pasquale
Tech Performance & Engineering
Torque Monster Headers
P.O. Box 22088
San Diego, CA 92192

To heck with the 5.0 headrs anymore! I want a nice set of fat chromed long tube headers for the 4.6 explorer! None of this shorty crap!!! lol.

is your truck awd or 4x4 cause if it is not bring it to me and i will make something work for it.

Well I am overseas for now. But give me another year and I will be able to. It is not 4x4 or AWD. I planned on having this truck for racing from the beginning, so why get one with all that heavy extra crap on it that I wont need. If I had the tubing here I could fab it myself and do a great job. But alas I have nooooo idea how to get that stuff in the country of Bahrain. Let alone get a 4.6 V-8 mock up truck over here to use to do it with. Oh well I guess I have to wait to get my truck out of storage.

Back