• Register Today It's free!

5.0 spark plug change

99fivo

Reaction score
City, State
TEXAS
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 5.0 XLT
what is the best way to change a 99 5.0 explorer's spark plugs, I was thinking via the fender well but dont know for sure.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thanks for the assurance, what plugs/wires would u suggest

I just did my plugs, do like they said; jack the front end up, take both tires off, and the inner fender piece and theyre right there.

I really reccomend having one of these around in case a plug breaks:
2011-06-12111626.jpg

Its an "EZ Out" (Or what its called at Ace anyways), its basically a backwards drillbit that tightens as you turn it to get it out.

2011-06-12111131.jpg

thinks for the help, just got my father set of those, looks like it may have been a wise thing, i work at a welding supply and get those cheap

Yea my buddy works at Ace, he got the set for like 18$, it comes with drill bits, and like 3 different sized EZ outs.

We broke 1 plug after working and working on it, and then tried everything to get it out, nothing worked. We went and got this, and got it out in <2 minutes. The last plug was also hard, so we just cranked til it broke, and then got it out with the EZ out. :thumbsup:

Back