• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

5th Gen Explorer Photo Thread

RobbyAz

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix, Az
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Limited
The 'Search' feature is a very useful tool Robby. Hood Lettering

Peter
Thanks Peter. I had done a search for "hood script" and nothing had come up. Figured you would know...you are man! Thanks for pointing me in the right place.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Thanks Peter. I had done a search for "hood script" and nothing had come up. Figured you would know...you are man! Thanks for pointing me in the right place.
Searching for terms can sometimes be a bit of a game in that members sometimes use various terms for the same thing. Don't give up. ;)

Peter

Joel Cady

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
My 2017 Explorer. Special thanks to @jonnoriega for his posts and upgrades. I used a lot of your posts as inspiration for my own upgrade (i.e. Velgen wheels and H&R springs). Next upgrades are tint for driver and passenger windows and black ford nameplates front and rear.

jonnoriega

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Streamwood, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Exp Platinum
My 2017 Explorer. Special thanks to @jonnoriega for his posts and upgrades. I used a lot of your posts as inspiration for my own upgrade (i.e. Velgen wheels and H&R springs). Next upgrades are tint for driver and passenger windows and black ford nameplates front and rear.
Looking good, my friend!

ecoboost_xsport

Mad Scientist
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Orangevale, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
Last edited:

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3

jonnoriega

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Streamwood, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Exp Platinum
View attachment 96513 View attachment 96514 View attachment 96515 View attachment 96516 View attachment 96517 UPDATED. Pretty much finished with the exterior. Now working on true performance. Tune and down pipe next!!!
UPDATE TO MY UPDATE:
@Livernois Performance 2 Pack
View attachment 96513 View attachment 96514 View attachment 96515 View attachment 96516 View attachment 96517 UPDATED. Pretty much finished with the exterior. Now working on true performance. Tune and down pipe next!!!
UPDATE TO MY UPDATE:
@Livernois Performance 2 Package including a Borla S-Type Cat Exhaust.

Re-powder coated my Velgen VMB 6 Wheels and vinyl wrap also re-done.
275AF88B-BC94-440B-916E-923BD19ABA65.jpeg
FF3EE382-A81F-4C69-B93C-C6EFA95BAD04.jpeg
AF1CEA53-CEA3-4889-9BBC-B87FCDAC59BC.jpeg
89A57F0F-EFBD-4B7E-96BD-831EF4409424.jpeg
1A8BEFD5-E26B-4D16-BBFB-DD7C769CF234.jpeg
21ABE314-5CE2-482F-8ED9-154F465B8606.jpeg

Jon M

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Mount Pleasant, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer XLT
Re-powder coated my Velgen VMB 6 Wheels and vinyl wrap also re-done.
How many times have you redone the powder coat and vinyl wrap? I've lost count. :crazy::laugh:

Ntrain

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer XLT
Had it a month and a half now.

When I bought it:

1 week after purchased, 5% windshield strip, 20% on all windows, even over the factory tint on all of the rears. Vent visors:

LED fogs today:

Bronze fire metallic paint:

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Nice vehicle but from looking at the last picture I would guess the front side tint is too dark and the windshield tint goes too low. Did you check the tint laws in your state before applying it? I think the pinstripe is a nice touch.:thumbsup:

Peter

Ntrain

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer XLT
Nice vehicle but from looking at the last picture I would guess the front side tint is too dark and the windshield tint goes too low. Did you check the tint laws in your state before applying it? I think the pinstripe is a nice touch.:thumbsup:

Peter
Could be. No issues with it where I live. Never have a problem unless you drive like an a$$ here.

Ntrain

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer XLT
Windows look a bit darker when you look at them from certain angles.

RobbyAz

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix, Az
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Limited
Thought I would post and update. I finally had a moment and installed the Hood Letters on my Limited. I'm pretty pleased with how it came out. Here's a before and after picture:

Explorer_Before.jpg
Explorer_After.jpg

rmkilc

Reaction score
City, State
Vancouver, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
I spent the last couple of weeks washing, clay barring, water spot removing, sealing, and waxing my 2015 Explorer Sport. It has 98k miles on the clock. At the same time I swapped out the Ford emblems for a Magnetic/gloss black emblem in the front and a matte black/gloss black emblem in the rear. I also debadged the rest of the liftgate for now.

I have both a gloss black and matte black Sport emblem. I'm looking for a black Ecoboost 4WD emblem about the size of the OEM emblem but I haven't found anything yet. If I find something, I'll use whatever Sport badge matches as they both go with the Ford emblem.

Last edited:

spmpop75

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
98, 99 and 11, XLTs
Here's our 2011 XLT we turned into a camper

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.