5th Gen Explorer Photo Thread | Page 17 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5th Gen Explorer Photo Thread

I ordered both the red plastic inserts, and the vinyl decal versions, but decided to use the plastic insert version, mainly because it seemed to be a little easier to do a peel-and-stick method for these complicated letter shapes. Installation was pretty easy.
Looks great!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Latest Shots:
jhJgmnWfshYKq?width=1024&height=1024&cropmode=none.jpg

3XIxLZQH9T5NI?width=1024&height=1024&cropmode=none.jpg

Ilj94N3CNpdPA?width=1024&height=1024&cropmode=none.jpg

KnlwPjWmPnyO4?width=1024&height=1024&cropmode=none.jpg

L2GjwkaPNP56r?width=1024&height=1024&cropmode=none.jpg

NSnuknJgEB5em?width=1024&height=1024&cropmode=none.jpg

Thank you; I appreciate your complement!

John-
That is one bad muscle truck. The stance is just killer.

What did you mod it with?
FYI Rob, the member you quoted was last seen here on April 19, 2019. Might not be following the thread. We'll see.

Peter

2018 XLT

Explorer hood emblem
customized 2015 Limited 20" wheels with Goodyear weather ready 245/60R20's
20mm custom wheel spacers
Black center caps
Solid steel black tuner lug nuts (OEM nuts suck )
PIU H.D vented hat rotors up front
HID fog lights installed with separate dash switch ( I can run these without headlights on back roads stealth mode )
Custom tow hooks
Lower air dam removal to gain significant ground clearance
Added engine oil cooler with correct OEM radiator hose
Class 3 hitch ( I don't tow mostly for carrying bikes and rear end crash protection )
Removed 3rd row seating and installed PIU X brace ( 80 mph crash ) and under floor storage, with a 245/60R18 full size spare.
Removed the 2nd row 12V console outlet and added a dual USB outlet
I used an adhesion promoter and graphite wheel paint with satin clear coat on the wheels and all the chrome trim

I have everything I removed from this vehicle for sale on this site and I'd love to make room in my garage. Please Let me know if you're interested.

nice.jpg

20 limited wheels done.jpg

fog lights.jpeg

PIU X brace.jpg

Class 3 with bumper mod.jpg

2018 XLT

HID fog lights installed with separate dash switch ( I can run these without headlights on back roads stealth mode )
So those fog lights you have...they mounted up with little to no fanfare?

I want to get these and do what you have done, separate power, but wasn't sure if mounting them required a lot of modification or do they pretty much bolt right in once you take the inserts out?

@realscot2 what is the size of the lug nuts and wheel inserts?

I think that look is awesome.

Links? I have been looking for black centers pieces.

Thanks.

Did some cosmetic changes and still not done..

Inked20210421_085727-2_LI.jpg

That looks really slick...I like it alot nice work
Thanks man, I am trying to black it out, I am planning on wrapping the roof black..

Thanks man, I am trying to black it out, I am planning on wrapping the roof black..
Nice yea I got lucky and found a blacked out explorer which I have yet to see another 1 but yea looks mean that blacked out roof will look sick

Somewhere here there is a picture where the member blacked out the 'C' pillar as well to match the 'A' and 'B'. Looked good.

Peter

Somewhere here there is a picture where the member blacked out the 'C' pillar as well to match the 'A' and 'B'. Looked good.

Peter
I actually have those plastidip before, I am planning to replace it with vinyl.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back