5th Generation Cleaning, Detailing, Waxing. #CleanCarDay - Show off your cleaned Ex | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5th Generation Cleaning, Detailing, Waxing. #CleanCarDay - Show off your cleaned Ex

DETAILED TODAY BY LIGHTHOUSE MOBILE DETAILING. PATRICK MAHONEY OWNER 630-819-9362. IF YOU LIVE IN THE CHICAGO AREA, THEY ARE FANTASTIC. THEY COME TO YOUR HOME AND WORK ON YOUR CAR. $200 FOR ABOUT 4.5 - 5 HOURS OF WORK. THEY'RE REALLY NICE, PROFESSIONAL AND RESPECTABLE GUYS.
View attachment 97784

View attachment 97785

View attachment 97786

View attachment 97787

DID SOME QUICK CLEAN ENGINE CLEANING AND IT TURNED OUT GREAT.
View attachment 97788

View attachment 97789

THEY STARTED WITH THE INTERIOR FIRST. CAR SMELLS AND LOOKS LIKE WHEN I FIRST BOUGHT IT!
View attachment 97790

GOT INTO THE NOOKS AND CRANNIES.
View attachment 97791

FLOOR BOARDS/RUNNERS CLEAN.
View attachment 97792

WHEELS, TIRES AND BRAKE ROTORS CLEAN!
View attachment 97793
Excellent job.... looks fantastic!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone ever used F11 Top Coat? People online have been raving about it for how well it looks, how long it lasts (3-6 months even without babying it), and how easy it is to apply (just spray, rub in, and finish buffing with a dry towel). You can apparently use it on almost any surface, and it makes it so that you can essentially just rinse the car off to get it clean (bugs and other things come right off).

Sounds too good to be true, but I've seen a lot of videos and pictures of people swearing by it. The price tag is pretty high, so it might really be legit. People say what you get lasts for awhile at least as you don't have to use a lot.

DETAILED TODAY BY LIGHTHOUSE MOBILE DETAILING. PATRICK MAHONEY OWNER 630-819-9362. IF YOU LIVE IN THE CHICAGO AREA, THEY ARE FANTASTIC. THEY COME TO YOUR HOME AND WORK ON YOUR CAR. $200 FOR ABOUT 4.5 - 5 HOURS OF WORK. THEY'RE REALLY NICE, PROFESSIONAL AND RESPECTABLE GUYS.
View attachment 97784

View attachment 97785

View attachment 97786

View attachment 97787

DID SOME QUICK CLEAN ENGINE CLEANING AND IT TURNED OUT GREAT.
View attachment 97788

View attachment 97789

THEY STARTED WITH THE INTERIOR FIRST. CAR SMELLS AND LOOKS LIKE WHEN I FIRST BOUGHT IT!
View attachment 97790

GOT INTO THE NOOKS AND CRANNIES.
View attachment 97791

FLOOR BOARDS/RUNNERS CLEAN.
View attachment 97792

WHEELS, TIRES AND BRAKE ROTORS CLEAN!
View attachment 97793
Dam! That looks so good. They cleaned the engine compartment too?? Nice!....

Anyone ever used F11 Top Coat? People online have been raving about it for how well it looks, how long it lasts (3-6 months even without babying it), and how easy it is to apply (just spray, rub in, and finish buffing with a dry towel). You can apparently use it on almost any surface, and it makes it so that you can essentially just rinse the car off to get it clean (bugs and other things come right off).

Sounds too good to be true, but I've seen a lot of videos and pictures of people swearing by it. The price tag is pretty high, so it might really be legit. People say what you get lasts for awhile at least as you don't have to use a lot.

It's a little pricey but I'm sold. I live in the Chicago area and drive for a living. Here's a photo of my ride in MN after several hundred miles and through downpours of rain.

I just wiped it down with a microfiber cloth and a little F11 and the shine is still there. I have 3 coats of it on.
IMG_3113.JPG

It's a little pricey but I'm sold. I live in the Chicago area and drive for a living. Here's a photo of my ride in MN after several hundred miles and through downpours of rain.

I just wiped it down with a microfiber cloth and a little F11 and the shine is still there. I have 3 coats of it on.

How do you put the coat on the roof? I am very interested now and may do the same to mine as its also black.

View attachment 150822

Did you put it on all at once? The instructions call this a "Professional Application" where you spray it on all over then wait 15-20 minutes and then wipe it down. Then repeat.

I gotta try that stuff, your Shadow Black looks so much better than my Shadow Black

Mine is black too which is what got me so interested in it. Seems like a dream come true. Plus, I like keeping my car clean without having to spend countless hours doing it if I can avoid it!

View attachment 150822
This pretty much confirms for me that it'll be worth the investment. Appreciate it!

Did you put it on all at once? The instructions call this a "Professional Application" where you spray it on all over then wait 15-20 minutes and then wipe it down.

I waited 20 minutes in between coats and did it in a cool, dry place like my garage around 4pm.

This pretty much confirms for me that it'll be worth the investment. Appreciate it!

A lot of professional retailers will tell you otherwise and rhat there's much better product out there. All I m is is it works for me and I love the ease of use of it.

Working with mechanics that work on Ford, they've recommended to not blast water in a Ford's engine. He said Ford's don't do well when we do that.
I'm getting ready to do a deep detail for our 11 Explorer and 17 Civic. Both have bad hard water spots from these dumb sprinklers that hit the street instead of grass. We don't have driveway parking and everyone here has crappy ass sprinklers, really makes me upset.
We try to move our cars when they go off :(

Question: polish and wax that won't stain plastic/vinyl

How do you polish and wax your Explorer without making a mess of the plastic trim?

Is there an line of off-the-shelf products for detailing the exterior paint that does not stain the plastic? I need some minor swirl removal, polish and wax.

There is a lot of plastic/vinyl parts on Explorers. Around the wheel wells, both bumpers, the rocker panels under the doors and more. When I'm detailing my car, it's impossible for me to keep the polish and wax splatter off these parts. It seems that most polish and wax products will stain the plastic with a white color that can be very difficult to remove (I've heard a pencil eraser works).

One option would be to mask off the vinyl, but that's a lot of work plus it's not terribly practical because there are small vinyl parts just about everywhere.

What products and/or techniques do you use & recommend?

Thanks

P.S. I originally posted this in the Body Work & Detailing Section but didn't get any traction. Sorry Moderators.

Back