Ohioplayer

Reaction score
City, State
Silverdale, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Hello
I just got a 2005 explorer eddie bauer.
It has the 6-Disc in-dash mp3 headunit. It has an aux button on it and I was wonder if there are rca jacks on the back so I can hook up my new portable dvd players audio to it.

If not what are the choices I have on hooking this up.

I don't want to replace with an after market as this factory system is ver nice.

I picked up an fm transmitter but figured before I opened it I would ask for some input.

Thank you very much

Matt ;)

check this out

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piefrdnaux.html

Site description: "The PIE FRDN-AUX Auxiliary Input Converter connects to the CD changer data port of your factory radio to create an external auxiliary input that has a pair of left and right RCA audio inputs. With this converter installed, you can connect any external audio device that has an audio output directly to your factory radio without using an FM modulator and hear the audio from your factory sound system. The FRDN-AUX plugs directly into the rear of the headunit using the 20-pin connector"

Fitment Issue (specific to models with 6 cd indash): "NOT compatible with 2003-2005 vehicles equipped with the 6-Disc in-dash headunit that are NOT equipped with external CD changer capabilities. This means that if you have a 6-disc in-dash CD changer and your factory radio can have another externally mounted (not in the dash) CD changer installed and be able to control both CD changer devices, this device will work with your vehicle. "

Simply: If your deck has the optional external CD controller port, then it should still work. :thumbsup:

If this description is a bit unclear, check out their fitment guide based on radio model series number

I'd personally stay away from an FM modulator. You will not be getting the best sound quality / performance plus occ noise and static :thumbdwn:

Thank you very much

Back