• Register Today It's free!

87 Ranger Jump Seats

broncscootdawg

Reaction score
City, State
Kansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'87
Howdy to all, new member here. Just bought a 87 Ford Ranger STX; supercab; 2WD; 2.9 liter; automatic on the floor. It's got 96,000 miles and seems to be a real cream puff. Well taken care of. My question is: It didn't come with the "jump seats" option. There's the fold down plastic doors for them where they're supposed to go, but no seats. I would love to install some seats there but I'm not sure what year Ranger's will work. It would be great to just "bolt some right in" along with the seat belts without some major modifications. I've located some out of a '92, but not sure if they'll fit. I've gotta buy them before I try them. Any advice?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i would bet as all these are assembly line vehicles, that they would fit

So Ford (or Mazda) didn't change the way these seats mounted in and fit from '87 to '92 ya think?

hmmm, i would think, i could post a pic of the mounting of mine, you could look see,

Attachments

• jumpseat 3.jpg
    jumpseat 3.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 373

they have mounting brackets on the bottom, each side,

Hey, thanks a bunch! I believe you are correct. From what I can find the model stayed close to the same as far as these seats are concerned until '93.

might have to take the whole side panel off back there to get them in, , but it would be worth it,

Back