91 explorer wont crank plz help thks | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

91 explorer wont crank plz help thks

pdl72

Reaction score
City, State
hillsboro,ks
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 explorer
io have a 91 ford explorer i have evefrything else lights gauges everythng but when i try to crank all i get is a click in the power disturbtion box next to the solenoid on passenger fender. i have replaced battery neg battery cable starter solenoid (one on fender by battery) pullled starter and cleand it pulled alt all good just wont crank. when i croos the soleniod the starter engages but wont engage with key also i have starter and alt not hooked up so i can test as i go it has about 4 dollars in gas in it i just dont know where to go next thks for and advice

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah i jumped the solined on fender and starter engeged i replaced it any way then relaced neg cable and still no crank from key

update iam checking voltage along the lines going to starter and solinode the little wire is not getting any juice so now the long proccess of tracing the wire begins lol:confused:

If you've replaced everything else, then just start replacing one power line at a time. You probably have a cable that's way corroded and not letting enough juice through.

Mine did the same thing, new power lines solved the problem.

well this was probley excess but i drop strering column and pulled igintion wires and crossed the 12 volt constant with each but i still didnt get a hit on the meter with it attched to little red line that goes on top of solinoid
so iam tracing that to replace and thks:confused:

ok so now i have replaced neg cable, solniod on fender , cleaned all cables, iginition swicth the one on coulm close to fire wall, tested starter and still wont crank any ideas on what to do next :confused:

Back