'93 Body Bushing Washer and Sleeve | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'93 Body Bushing Washer and Sleeve

Nick_Good

Reaction score
I am in the process of replacing my body bushings on my 1993 explorer. I have the Daystar body mount kit. I have all of the bolts loose and some removed. The original washer and sleeve combos are either shot, or the bushings are stuck to them. I can't find anywhere to get the new washers that have the built in sleeve. Please help ASAP.
Thanks,
Nick Good

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is not probably the right way. Where you live there should be a lot of farm type supply places like Farm and Family, they carry a large selection of bolts,washer and stuff. Can you use maybe larger diameter bolts and then find appropreiate washers. I had to use some different bolts when I replaced mine on a different suv.

Ford sells most all of the later body bolts and hardware. Try them first, some prices are good. I bought a new 99 front bolt for $2. There are about three different bolts, as well as doghnuts. The threads are built into the doghnuts.

I will be removing and discarding all of my 93 Explorer body bolts, etc. I am going to use my 99 chassis, and body bolts, under my 93. Good luck,

Dang, and i thought my bushings were in bad shape. Really good info.
Nick Good

Your post got my ass in gear. Just now finished up the bushings. I was ust doing the last one: it was the front one by the radiator. The socket slipped and it busted me in the head. Dang good cut,blood everywhere. Wheres the good med insurance when you need it. HAHAHA.
nick Good

Back