93 painting plan, looking for input. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

93 painting plan, looking for input.

huntman58

Reaction score
City, State
Fremont calif.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Dodge Advenger
Okay going to be painting the truck this summer hopefully. Will be truck bed liner from the summer molding on down color black. Then top will be flat or satin Olive.

High light colors will also be
Olive
Khaki
Brown
Black

Looking to go more flat camo paint then satin but like the idea of satin for the UV protection and better ease of cleaning now and then. Bumpers will also be black and most likely bed liner Rattle canned. Top color will be HVLP sprayed. Bed liner lower and high lights rattle canned. Looking to go RustOleum as my first pick then Krylon as next one.

So one what do you think of the planed out look and second of the pain chose? Never painted a whole auto before but have done more then a few motorcycles with rattle cans and liked how they turned out. Even did one in a metallic green with a high gloss clear once that with stood years of out door use and storage with the RustOleum paint? Did not care a lot for the flat black bikes ability to clean up and it shore spotted bad and that’s why the satin thinking here be it the paint or a clear top coat.

Any way this is just in the planning stage now so any and all can be changed. Yes I love hunting just can not do it any more also love fishing too and will work that in on the tail gate. The hood will get a big deer scull and horns no silly not real ones but painted like the old Trans ams firebird was.

All added things like the deer scull will be black on the Olive green. Only the sides and a small part of the back will get the high lights (less then a can may be two max for the whole truck of each color)
So tell me your input. And thanks.
(Some day when I got bucks I want to lift and change gears for a 35" tire set up and articulation for off roading more then old logging roads)
expainted.jpg

I would save the money on the bedliner and just camo the whole thing.

Bedliner only protects the paint, it doesn't stop trail rash and dent. And if you're painting it with krylon, who gives a **** if you have to tuch up paint once in a while with a spray bomb.

I would save the money on the bedliner and just camo the whole thing.

Bedliner only protects the paint, it doesn't stop trail rash and dent. And if you're painting it with krylon, who gives a **** if you have to tuch up paint once in a while with a spray bomb.
I was thinking that also. the bed liner was more for or because of were the Tupperware was and the holes there as there going to be foamed in then sealed plus it would just naturally wrap around the truck from front to back and the sides with the bumpers and grill guard . (Pic is not my truck by the way just a pic I found and used pain on) as for the truck getting marked up well not to often but when it dose I do it right LOL.

I'm looking at some 1/8" rubber membrane for the bottom part of the panels. It is apparently UV stabilized and made for roof applications. I hope to do a 1 year weather test sample outside and if it's good, I'll let folks know.

Now that would be a test and material I would be very interested in!

Back