• Register Today It's free!

93 ranger wont start

rebelfromcsoa

Reaction score
City, State
silsbee texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 ranger
i have a 93 ford ranger 2.3 4cyl auto tranny with ac all factory no upgrades no high porphance parts. the engine will not start will turn over, but not start. i have cheak the timing replace rear coil pack and all spark plugs, it is getting gas, no fuses blown and all vacume lines are pluged in.i have no idea what to cheak next it has to be something simple im looking over bc its that easy can any one help me? plz and thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hmm, couple things come to mind, the first being a bad crank position sensor and the second being a bad timing belt. Check to see if you are actually getting spark, if not I'd definitely suspect the crank position sensor. If you are getting spark, then I'd start looking at the timing compnents between the crank and camshaft.

it is getting spark so what timeing comments sould i look at

like I said not sure if it is a timing belt or a timing chain on a 2.3, but whichever one of those it is. chains usually don't break however. Was it running and just died or did u come out to it one morning and it wouldn't start

it has a timeing belt and it was ruining and started making a cliking nosie i thoiught at first it was the tranny but when i stoped to look it died and would not start back we did find how ever that the rear coil pack weas craked replaced it and it started and i brought it home and was running like s**t . i know a little bot motors but this has me puzzled at what to do next i do thank you for replying and hope u will help me a little more thanks robert

Back