93 xlt

Riks93XLT

Reaction score
City, State
Galvez, Louisiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Explorer Sport
Hey Everybody,
I just picked up a 93 Explorer XLT this weekend. I was told that it has 120K miles because there is no digit for the 100K. Body is in good shape, motor runs great and drives fine up until about 65 and then there appears to be some vibration. The tires are great shape Goodyear Wranglers, Fully loaded with leather (albeit worn and torn) and 5 speed MT. Clutch was replaced recently. We retrofitted and changed the Evap, Accum and Compressor right after I bought it, gotta have some AC in Louisiana!! One problem I have is the power seat motor will not move back and forth but the other switches work. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the input, I believe I will go have them rotated because as I was trying to get to Hwy speed it seemed like the truck wanted to lift in the air like catching some air and then some shimmying A buddy also suggested I get them balanced.
Were the power seats a popular option? They are ok in my book, only vehicle I ever owned with some. The front to back on it is broken because previous owner had it bolted down so it doesn't move
I would rather stick to manual seats if I could find a matched set front and rear

Back