• Register Today It's free!

94 explorer aftermarket bumpers?

bones66

Reaction score
City, State
Bozeman MT
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 4dr 4x4
hi. so i have my explorer finally lifted where i want and all the bells and whistles dont but the one thing i cant seem to find is a good aftermarket bumper for it. i am curious as to if anyone has any ideas about where to find a good bumper or am i going to need to fab my own

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hi. so i have my explorer finally lifted where i want and all the bells and whistles dont but the one thing i cant seem to find is a good aftermarket bumper for it. i am curious as to if anyone has any ideas about where to find a good bumper or am i going to need to fab my own

There's a forum vendor on here that custom makes them per order. Besides that you're not really going to find much.

Your best bet is to do it yourself if you have the tools a knowledge.

sounds good i can do a tubular bumper but maybe i should look into a road armor style. they seem to be all the rage around here in montana. but i am worried about the added weight of all that steel

James Duff makes some prefab ones. $379 for the regular or $539 for the winch bumper, plus $$$ for shipping.

DSC00052_3.jpg

DSC09083.jpg

http://www.jamesduff.com/newproducts/new_bronco2.asp

RLC can bend tubing, surely they can build you a tube bumper as well, or a plate/tube hybrid you'll be happy with.

100_2840.jpg

IMAG0501.jpg

RLC front bumper thread:
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280072

$399 shipped for a winch bumper made from 3/16" steel is tough to beat. Price might be going up soon, so if you want one, get it now.

Back