• Register Today It's free!

94 explorer anti theft

Currency

Reaction score
City, State
Bedford Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT 4x4
Can anyone tell me how this thing works?

My explorers anti-theft just went off a few minutes ago for no apparent reason.

Mail carrier dropped the mail off, Turned around in the parking lot across the street from my house and then a friend came in and said. "Your alarm thing is going off on your truck"

I'm confused. I went out there but it was already off by that time. So it's a little confusing.

I ran a search but couldn't come up with anything.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The way the system works (or is suppose to work) is the alarm goes off when the doors are locked with the remote and opened without using the remote. Even if you use your key in the door it'll go off. That's basically it.

The way the system works (or is suppose to work) is the alarm goes off when the doors are locked with the remote and opened without using the remote. Even if you use your key in the door it'll go off. That's basically it.

I never had a remote. Only one set of keys.

The factory manual says. After you lock the doors it takes 30 secs for the alarm to set then.... If someone tries to force a door open, force the ignition out of the steering column it sets the alarm off, disables the starter and kills the power to the fuel pump.

I don't have any new dents of anything and our mail carriers always swing wide in the parking lot to avoid hitting any vehicles. They host our local AA meeting there, I know because I had to go six times. I know the owner and have his permission to park there as long as I move my explorer if the parking lot starts to get full. He is in the process of adding more parking space which won't be completed until spring is my guess.

There was no one else over there at the time it went off and the book also says it will shut off after 3 minutes but will go off again if not manually shut off. so I'm still confused and lost at this point.

Anyone know where I can get a remote for my explorer and how to program it? It has everything else so I don't know why it wouldn't have one. Only things missing is leather seats and that remote otherwise I think it has all the other options.

I returned from my fathers today, opened my hood to let my engine and radiator cool off before I added any fluids and my alarm went off again. I unlocked the drivers door and it shut it off. So now I don't know. Maybe a sensor is going bad for the alarm or is super sensitive?

The only information I can find on a 1994 explorer anti-theft device is how to install one. Other then that I will look in the back where the 4wd control module is located. I will also look into the factory radio amplifier while I am back there digging around. maybe I'll actually be able to write a how to and not copy and paste one :p:

1994 Ford Explorer Car Alarm Installation Guide

Whether your an expert Ford Explorer car alarm installer, Ford Explorer performance fan or a novice Ford Explorer enthusiast with a 1994 Ford Explorer, a Ford Explorer car alarm wiring diagram can save yourself a lot of time. One of the most time consuming tasks with installing an after market car alarm, car security, car remote start, automatic remote starter, shock sensor, tilt sensor, car alarm sensor or any auto alarm is identifying the correct color car security wires for a 1994 Ford Explorer.

Use of the wiring information is at your own risk. Always verify all wires, wire colors and diagrams before applying any information found here to your 1994 Ford Explorer.

Questions

If you have any questions pertaining to the car wiring in a 1994 Ford Explorer , please feel free to post it at the bottom of this page and either we’ll do our best to find you the information you need or hopefully someone in the explorer forum community will have the information you’re looking for.

Battery Constant 12v+ Positive Wire (+): Yellow
Battery Constant 12v+ Positive Wire Location: Ignition Switch Harness

Starter Positive Wire (+): Red/Light Blue
Starter Positive Wire Location: Ignition Switch Harness

Ignition Positive Wire (+): Red/Light Green
Ignition Positive Wire Location: Ignition Switch Harness

Second Ignition Positive Wire (+): Black/Green
Second Ignition Positive Wire Location: Ignition Switch Harness

Accessory Positive Wire (+): Gray/Yellow
Accessory Positive Wire Location: Ignition Switch Harness

Parking Light Positive Wire (+): Brown
Parking Light Positive Wire Location: At Headlight Switch Or In Fuse Box

Power Door Lock Negative Wire (-): Pink/Yellow (5 Wire Reverse Polarity). Vehicles with keyless entry are negative (-), vehicles without keyless entry are 5 wire reverse polarity. Vehicles with the key pad on the door are considered to have keyless entry.
Power Door Lock Negative Wire Location: In Drivers Kick Panel

Power Door Unlock Negative Wire (-): Pink/Light Green (5 Wire Reverse Polarity). Vehicles with keyless entry are negative (-), vehicles without keyless entry are 5 wire reverse polarity. Vehicles with the key pad on the door are considered to have keyless entry.
Power Door Unlock Negative Wire Location: In Drivers Kick Panel

Door Trigger Positive Wire (+): Black/Light Blue
Door Trigger Positive Wire Location: At Under Dash Light

Domelight Supervision Wire: Use Door Trigger, Requires Relay
Domelight Supervision Wire Location: N/A

Horn Negative Wire (-): Yellow/Light Green
Horn Negative Wire Location: At Steering Column Harness

Tachometer Wire Negative Wire (-): Gray/Orange
Tachometer Wire Negative Wire Location: At ECM, In The Passenger Kick Panel

Brake Light Positive Wire (+): Light Green
Brake Light Positive Wire Location: Switch On Brake Pedal Bracket

Factory Alarm Disarm Wire (-): Dark Green/Purple
Factory Alarm Disarm Wire Location: In Drivers Kick Panel

Factory Anti-Theft System: N/A
Factory Anti-Theft System Location: N/A

http://www.modifiedlife.com/1994-ford-explorer-car-alarm-installation-guide/

Maybe I'll install one after I get the things that NEED fixed, fixed. :D

I wonder if I unhook the factory disarm wire if it will kill my haunted anti-theft system? Will try it tomorrow and update this post. :)

Are you sure your antitheft is stock? It's probably isn't. The way to know for sure is if it has the stock antitheft light on the dash , it'll blink when the doors are open at any time.

Are you sure your antitheft is stock? It's probably isn't. The way to know for sure is if it has the stock antitheft light on the dash , it'll blink when the doors are open at any time.

Yeah it blinks. I like to think my explorer is winking at me. *Attention from a female* :notworthy

Today when it went off I was standing in front of it so it made me think 'Motion sensor?' stock 94, no way. Maybe I bumped it. Makes me wanna kick it :p:

When I unlocked the door it shut off. Other then that I almost had a heart attack. Already have heart problems and I'm only 25 :rolleyes:

Doctor blames my family... I blame women, Why else would a 25 year old single guy have gray hairs and heart problems ??? :D

It may be a bad sensor that it detecting a door opening when it isn't , perhaps the hood sensor? It's the only one that wouldn't trigger the dome lights so you wouldn't notice it happening.

Or also maybe a loose ignition , my ignition will sometimes make the "bonging noise" if I giggle it a tiny bit. There is no motion sensor as far as I know.

Most likely my ignition. I didn't think about that. It's really loose. can turn it with no key in it. I seen some on ebay for like $10. Will order one next month if they are still there. Comes with two keys, Better then my one key. Well one for the doors and one for the ignition but that's it.

The last owner said she had... three sets. Her sister had one and she had two. I got one, she said she trashed her other set and her sister said her set was tossed over a year ago. No telling who has keys to my ride. I'll add that to my mile long 'needs to be replaced' list.

Thanks.

hey there i have a 94 xlt and guess what no remotes for the anti theft.when i unlock the doors with the key it goes off so i pulled the fuse for the power locks. but i need to get new remotes. if you know where i can get them that would be GREAT! its the stock system and would like to keep it that way.

i had one that was going off all the time too, my opinion, if you dont live in a bad town just take it out.

The biggest problem is that people do not realize that when you have the anti theft system you can't unlock your car with the key , if you do the alarm goes off because it's detecting that the door was forced open.

The biggest problem is that people do not realize that when you have the anti theft system you can't unlock your car with the key , if you do the alarm goes off because it's detecting that the door was forced open.

Not true... at least with mine. I don't have a remote for mine and the alarm doesn't sound when I open the door with the key. I only bought it a few months ago and they seller didn't have the remote. Being a "Limited" I assume it had one at some point in time.

when you wire the dome light supervision to the door trigger wire it says requires relay, on a 94 xlt does it have a negative or a positive dome light system

i am installing a prestige alarm/remote start and the parking light wires on alarm harness side has parking output (30) and parking input (87) does that mean i have to wire them through a new relay or can i just wire one of them to the brown parking light wire on the truck sense it goes to a relay anyway

The only information I can find on a 1994 explorer anti-theft device is how to install one. Other then that I will look in the back where the 4wd control module is located. I will also look into the factory radio amplifier while I am back there digging around. maybe I'll actually be able to write a how to and not copy and paste one :p:

Whether your an expert Ford Explorer car alarm installer, Ford Explorer performance fan or a novice Ford Explorer enthusiast with a 1994 Ford Explorer, a Ford Explorer car alarm wiring diagram can save yourself a lot of time. One of the most time consuming tasks with installing an after market car alarm, car security, car remote start, automatic remote starter, shock sensor, tilt sensor, car alarm sensor or any auto alarm is identifying the correct color car security wires for a 1994 Ford Explorer.

Use of the wiring information is at your own risk. Always verify all wires, wire colors and diagrams before applying any information found here to your 1994 Ford Explorer.

Questions

If you have any questions pertaining to the car wiring in a 1994 Ford Explorer , please feel free to post it at the bottom of this page and either we’ll do our best to find you the information you need or hopefully someone in the explorer forum community will have the information you’re looking for.

Battery Constant 12v+ Positive Wire (+): Yellow
Battery Constant 12v+ Positive Wire Location: Ignition Switch Harness

Starter Positive Wire (+): Red/Light Blue
Starter Positive Wire Location: Ignition Switch Harness

Ignition Positive Wire (+): Red/Light Green
Ignition Positive Wire Location: Ignition Switch Harness

Second Ignition Positive Wire (+): Black/Green
Second Ignition Positive Wire Location: Ignition Switch Harness

Accessory Positive Wire (+): Gray/Yellow
Accessory Positive Wire Location: Ignition Switch Harness

Parking Light Positive Wire (+): Brown
Parking Light Positive Wire Location: At Headlight Switch Or In Fuse Box

Power Door Lock Negative Wire (-): Pink/Yellow (5 Wire Reverse Polarity). Vehicles with keyless entry are negative (-), vehicles without keyless entry are 5 wire reverse polarity. Vehicles with the key pad on the door are considered to have keyless entry.
Power Door Lock Negative Wire Location: In Drivers Kick Panel

Power Door Unlock Negative Wire (-): Pink/Light Green (5 Wire Reverse Polarity). Vehicles with keyless entry are negative (-), vehicles without keyless entry are 5 wire reverse polarity. Vehicles with the key pad on the door are considered to have keyless entry.
Power Door Unlock Negative Wire Location: In Drivers Kick Panel

Door Trigger Positive Wire (+): Black/Light Blue
Door Trigger Positive Wire Location: At Under Dash Light

Domelight Supervision Wire: Use Door Trigger, Requires Relay
Domelight Supervision Wire Location: N/A

Horn Negative Wire (-): Yellow/Light Green
Horn Negative Wire Location: At Steering Column Harness

Tachometer Wire Negative Wire (-): Gray/Orange
Tachometer Wire Negative Wire Location: At ECM, In The Passenger Kick Panel

Brake Light Positive Wire (+): Light Green
Brake Light Positive Wire Location: Switch On Brake Pedal Bracket

Factory Alarm Disarm Wire (-): Dark Green/Purple
Factory Alarm Disarm Wire Location: In Drivers Kick Panel

Factory Anti-Theft System: N/A
Factory Anti-Theft System Location: N/A

http://www.modifiedlife.com/1994-ford-explorer-car-alarm-installation-guide/

Maybe I'll install one after I get the things that NEED fixed, fixed. :D

I wonder if I unhook the factory disarm wire if it will kill my haunted anti-theft system? Will try it tomorrow and update this post. :)
I can’t find the wire diagram for my 94e plotter!

Back