94 Explorer Eddie Bauder 4d/4wd head/valve cover issues | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

94 Explorer Eddie Bauder 4d/4wd head/valve cover issues

Anything that spreads it out to more than a round object. Also make sure not to over tighten them, doesnt take much with new type of gaskets. .

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the help. I really just need to get her running, so I'll just do the cover gaskets for now, and have the shop do a compression test (is that what it's called?) to see if my heads have any issues. I'll just swap out the oil 3 or 4 times before winter and see if it clears up.

I'm also going to be changing the rad, because I found out yesterday he has been using the orange stuff.

I was wondering what all the gunk was, haha!

Compression or leak down will tell you if its the heads..if its not the heads it would save you alot of time and money for sure..

Right?

I have to have it inspected before I can even get it registered and get plates for it, so I might as well have them do that.

You probably just saved me hours of bending and standing on my tip-toes.
Probably a lot of money, too.

Thank you to every one that has posted in this thread with their helpful hints and tips. I will be bookmarking this so I can come back to it for reference.

Again, thanks!

Dont thank yet..I have been known to be wrong, BUT ill put money thats all that is wrong.seen it to many times. .

Back