• Register Today It's free!

94 Limited Wont Restart Once Warm

scubba.steve

Reaction score
City, State
Knoxville Tennessee
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Limited
K, so i have a 94 Limited that will not restart once vehicle has warmed up.
If i let it sit for awhile (an hour or so ) it will start back up.
Fuel pump continually runs when vehicle is off but ignition in the on position.
Heres what i have done so far

1. Replaced Fuel Pump Relay

2. Replaced Fuel Pressure Regulator, pulled vacum line off and no fuel in line.

3. Replaced Ignition Control Module.

4. Replaced Crankshaft Position Sensor.

Im running out of places to point fingers to the culprit.
What should i be looking into next?
Any and all help would be appriciated, Thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi:

With the fuel pump running continually this would indicate no fuel pressure. I assume that when cold, and you first turn the key on, the fuel pump cycles on and then off. I am also assuming that once the vehicle starts it will stay running until you turn the key off.

No fuel pressure can be caused by blocked line, blocked fuel filter, or weak, clogged pump screen, or bad fuel pump. Since the fuel pump in in the fuel tank and hard to get at I would look to the fuel filter or lines first.

If you search this site for fuel filter you will find information on replacing the fuel filter.

PaMnd

Hi:

With the fuel pump running continually this would indicate no fuel pressure. I assume that when cold, and you first turn the key on, the fuel pump cycles on and then off. I am also assuming that once the vehicle starts it will stay running until you turn the key off.

No fuel pressure can be caused by blocked line, blocked fuel filter, or weak, clogged pump screen, or bad fuel pump. Since the fuel pump in in the fuel tank and hard to get at I would look to the fuel filter or lines first.

If you search this site for fuel filter you will find information on replacing the fuel filter.

PaMnd

Sorry, i forgot to mention, i replaced the fuel filter as the first thing i did.
Aslo i do belive your on the right path. I am thinking this problem is because of the fuel pressure. Yes, when cold the pump will cycle on like its supposed to. But once warm it will continually run. Could i have a bad gas cap letting the pressure out?

Update,
Replaced gas cap but that didnt seem to be the problem.
I need to get a pressure gauge to put on fuel rail and check pressure.
Now im leaning twards a faulty ful pump

Tried pulling codes but nothing came up, i will check those links you posted now
When you say nothing came up do you literally mean "nothing", or do you mean "all pass (111)"? nothing at all might point to a problem in the PCM power/ground circuits.

Technically there isn't any kind of "feedback" in the system to tell the fuel pump to cut off at a certain pressure. The PCM runs the pump for a few seconds before starting to pressurize the system. Where the pump runs continuously when you have a problem, it suggests that there is a wiring problem somewhere that is, in addition to interfering with it starting, is causing the relay to stick closed. Maybe something in the PCM power/ground, or between the PCM and the fuel pump relay.

When you say nothing came up do you literally mean "nothing", or do you mean "all pass (111)"? nothing at all might point to a problem in the PCM power/ground circuits. /Quote]

I dont know, my friend hooked it up and said it pulled no codes

Back