95 issues, help plz :)

GingeRed11

Make Explorers Great Again!
Reaction score
City, State
Northwest Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Ford Explorer EB 4x4
hey all, so I have a few issues going on with this explorer of mine, first off. The most annoying is that my o/d light is flashing throwing the code 628 if I ain’t mistaken “torque converter slippage” transmission shifts fine though, haven’t noticed any issue with torque converter Or whatsoever. Next off thisnjust started today. Without me
Doing anything my tachometer would go less than what it actually is. The engine speed stays the same though. It rested at 0 and 400rpm when my explorer would be idling at about 900 or 800 usually. Like I said it doesn’t effect the engine speed. Lastly my ABS light sometime pops on when I turn on my car. I usually just turn it off and restart it to make it go away. That happens less often.
Any help on any of these issue would be amazing. Thanks in advance! Let me know if you have any questions

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Get the abs codes read. Likely a wheel speed sensor.

Do you think the wheels speed sensor could be communicating wrong cause the o/d?

I don’t think so.

The o/d only flashes when I accelerate slowly or slow down slowly at around 40 mph

Maybe a shift solenoid.

The code is excessive torque converter slippage

How’s the fluid color?

I think it’s pink

Lol. Usually a slipping converter will start to burn the fluid

I’ll check it out xd, where can I find the fluid pump, the seal may be bad, I’ve been reading up and that may be the issue with me

Like, the transmission pump?

Yea​

Pretty sure to service the pump, the transmission needs dropped.

That’s what I sadly didn’t want to believe

Back