96 Ex ... keyless entry help ... aftermarket harness? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

96 Ex ... keyless entry help ... aftermarket harness?

mccoyxx

Reaction score
City, State
Belfry,KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer 2wd
Hello ppl. and thank you for taking the time to read and answer my question ... I'll try to make it brief ... I have a 96 Ex Sport that has power locks and windows ... I purchased an aftermarket keyless entry/alarm system and it came with the diagram , but GEEZ !! I don't want to make that many splices in my factory wiring ... do they make some kind of harness you can simply wire into and plug in ? or would I be able to get a keyless entry stock module with ford remote for that year and hook it up into the factory wiring without anything else ? ... I simply want keyless entry with as little cost and work as possible ... thanks ... RSM

not sure what you bought (I used a bulldog system)... but if you want just "lock/unlock"... you are talking 2 wires and another for power / grd ... four wires in total. I used "squeeze couplers" that you "lay" the existing wire beside the wire you want "joined in" and push on the "key / knife" which cuts thru the insulation(s) and mates with the inside copper wire for both conductors... and you are done. IF you want alarming and "other things", then your are right you need a lot more "interconnections". someone else might give you more on using "stock components".

I am unsure of the brand its an Ebay special :) ... anyways what 4 wires and how do I do it ? ... I deliver pizzas and keyless entry would be amazing !! ... I lock my doors each run because I keep my pistol in there. Thanks for the quick reply and if anyone knows about any more options that I could do myself ... please do tell ... I'm not picky right now so if locks are all I can do for the time being I'll get the rest later ... again thank you for your time !!

Back