keyless entry help | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

keyless entry help

@r1cardo97 That's very interesting. I'd have to investigate this further to know whether or not the '99-'01 models even had optional perimeter alarms.

Seems strange that the feature would be dropped. Perhaps there was some other feature that was introduced that caused Ford to believe this was unnecessary, or perhaps they simply overlooked it in the later manuals (not likely, not impossible).

@r1cardo97 That's very interesting. I'd have to investigate this further to know whether or not the '99-'01 models even had optional perimeter alarms.

Seems strange that the feature would be dropped. Perhaps there was some other feature that was introduced that caused Ford to believe this was unnecessary, or perhaps they simply overlooked it in the later manuals (not likely, not impossible).
I agree this is a very interesting topic, I'd have to investigate too, because seems a little dumb to me that Ford believed SecuriLock and PATS was enough to keep a car "safe", they technically "can't" steal it but what about forced entry and components under the hood. Dropping the Perimeter Alarm System to replace it with SecuriLock keys seems like a drawback; will do a little digging these next two days and keep you guys posted...

Back