• Register Today It's free!

96 explorer will not turn over

zx83

Reaction score
City, State
Miami Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT
Hi guys, I'm hoping that you can help. I just threw in $1,800.00 for a brand new transmittion in my truck about a week ago. Now here is my problem when I rolled out of the shop I noticed that the truck was hesitating so I checked my spark plug cables and one cable was damaged, I replaced all the cable and problem was solved. I also noticed that the battery that was on my truck was not the original battery it was a used one, I call the mech. shop and it was replaced with a brand new Interstate battery but incorrect amperage. I called Interstate and they replaced it with a correct one for $21.00 with a 3 year warranty.
Now here where it gets juicy, my truck will not start, I connected the battery and the ABS light came on tried to crank the car but nothing. I jump started the explorer with my other truck and it came on. I disconnected the battery to see if it's the alternator but it did not turn off (alternator is good).
Turned off the truck tried again but to no avail, tried jumping it and to no avail.
I noticed when I reconnected the battery my antitheft light came on and all of the power locks started to go haywire but very weak.
I checked my fuse box and all fuses are fine, I also checked all the fuses in the power distributor box and all are fine.
Can anyone tell me what can gone wrong, I'm beginig to think that the mech. shop did something to my car. When I took it in it did not have any engine trouble, what can I do???

sounds like one of the wires is disconnected and partially touching or the wires are corroded.....

Back