• Register Today It's free!

96 limited Please HELP!

slickemhoundd

Reaction score
City, State
Glassboro, southern jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Limited 5.0
Alrighty Well Ill start with saying everything was great ac was pumpin great (not ac thread) Went to get back in the truck, fired her up and boiling heat came from my vents! it was already 104 out didnt need that. so i kept goin between max ac and auto. NOTHING. So i was cycling the vents and then it was stuck on HOT defrost. SO i found out that the blend door was shut, reached in opened it up VIOLA a/c..... ac through my defroster. ALSO the recirculation door is now stuck shut. (zip tied open ;) ) SOO my question being, having the automatic climate control what should i look into as 3 things have failed. Vent cycle, blend door and recirc door.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Help! im cookin

The blend door is electronic, recirc door and vents are vacuum. All worked fine, jumped in the truck 10 min later and nothing worked but speed control and rear fan control

thats right the blend door has an actuator. late i forgot lol. thats wierd sounds like a bad head maybe if nothing else works. i got an extra head laying around somewheres....

All the vacuum lines check out. and the climate control ticks like normal when switching functions. Id just like to know if the actuator would effect the other two, or should i look somewhere else

im pretty sure it just works the blend door. But to have 3 different things fail all at the same time i would be suspicious of the control head itself.

Well i went to the bone yard and picked up a control head. As soon as i plugged it in with tge truck off the air came on ful force, turned the truck on made no difference, no display or control of anything

please anyone! i cant be the only one in history with a 2nd gen with this problem. with the weather changing so much its such a hassle changing everything manually. aint easy

Back