Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 190 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

43 said:
at first i was gonna joke "ah nah you can get more miles out of those" but then i saw the new ones and GOD DANG THAT LOOKS FANTASTIC.

I didn't realize they were so bad until the day I ordered my new ones... I didn't drive my ex for a week....

Ronin8002 said:
Good choice! I think you'll like them!

It's been 2 days and I love them so far! I definitely had to address some rubbing though... Rather than cut a bunch I just cut a little bumper and zip tied the splash guard back.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's been 2 days and I love them so far! I definitely had to address some rubbing though... Rather than cut a bunch I just cut a little bumper and zip tied the splash guard back.

Yeah they run a little large for 265's, I am guessing because of the way they're made.

Did you get a spare?

that sucks brother my silverado just went in yesterday for slipping in all gears they said it was losing pressure :mad:

$2000 to rebuild!!! :eek::mad:

they look awesome but damn how the hell did you ride on the old tires?!?! think you got your moneys worth? lol

Yeah they run a little large for 265's, I am guessing because of the way they're made.

Did you get a spare?

Not yet, I'll have a little extra money for one in a week or so.. I'm sure it won't fit underneath, but I've got the roof basket for exactly that reason...

they look awesome but damn how the hell did you ride on the old tires?!?! think you got your moneys worth? lol

Only my 2 fronts were that bad. The other 2 had about 1/4" of tread left..

My 265/75/16 spare fits fine in the spare area underneath....pretty tight but it does fit!

If you end up putting yours in the same place, make sure that you aren't pinching the differential vent hose between the tire and the frame. I had a mystery leak in my rear diff and turns out that was the cause...the increased pressure in the diff led to the leak. I just relocated the hose a little and that stopped the leak.

Not yet, I'll have a little extra money for one in a week or so.. I'm sure it won't fit underneath, but I've got the roof basket for exactly that reason...

Only my 2 fronts were that bad. The other 2 had about 1/4" of tread left..

My 265/75/16 spare fits fine in the spare area underneath....pretty tight but it does fit!

If you end up putting yours in the same place, make sure that you aren't pinching the differential vent hose between the tire and the frame. I had a mystery leak in my rear diff and turns out that was the cause...the increased pressure in the diff led to the leak. I just relocated the hose a little and that stopped the leak.

Good to know. I've actually got plans for the spare location. Part of the reason I built the basket in the first place was so I could move my larger spare up there. I'm going to go with an onboard air setup like you have, but I'm going to fab up a steel box to put it in under there. That way I'll be able to lower it down when I need it. I'll keep all my tools in there to free up room inside.

Good to know. I've actually got plans for the spare location. Part of the reason I built the basket in the first place was so I could move my larger spare up there. I'm going to go with an onboard air setup like you have, but I'm going to fab up a steel box to put it in under there. That way I'll be able to lower it down when I need it. I'll keep all my tools in there to free up room inside.

That isn't your secret project is it?

Cool :thumbsup: Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. If you use a Viair kit the tank and compressor don't have to be enclosed inside anything; they are sealed units; so a lot of people just mount them to the frame rail under the truck. You just need to relocate the intake for the compressor inside the truck to protect it from dust and water.

I think I need new tires...
f2e5876a.jpg

50587adf.jpg

So I got some!
37fd8357.jpg

b64a13c0.jpg

0328d3c6.jpg

e35dedd3.jpg

I'm so happy! I went with Treadwright Guard Dog 265/70/17's.

I gained 2.5"!!

The tires look great man! I think you could have got like .5 more miles before those old ones blew on you! haha. I picked up some new M/T tires of of CL for $70.00 total and i'm pretty happy with them..except for the noise on the highway and how rough the ride is now.. makes it more like a truck!

On a side note, has anyone tried CoverKing seat covers??

Some pics from my Moab trip. Pucker Pass in Long Canyon was a b*tch to wheel.

m1-1.jpg

m2-1.jpg

m4-1.jpg

m3-1.jpg

m5.jpg

m6.jpg

m7.jpg

You make me jealous that I live in this ****ty state!

Agreed! (not that I think MI is especially ****ty).
Makes me remember going to Moab last summer - I miss it so.
I've been to every part of Utah except the northwest (Salt Flats) and I just can't get enough.
Great pics NHarris.

washed the x today
photobucket-774-1332017554712.jpg

photobucket-4800-1332017579570.jpg

photobucket-4755-1332017654556.jpg

Washed it? I've never seen it dirty! :D

HEY NOW! this is the mrs. lol and plus theres no where to wheel around this horrible a$$ state! lol

HEY NOW! this is the mrs. lol and plus theres no where to wheel around this horrible a$$ state! lol

I know the feeling, I prayed for snow this year because it's the closest thing I get haha...I payed attention the the weather last year like mad and got to in it before the plows would get dispatched lol.

If you've ever heard of Long Island then you know that I have nothing in the means of offroading..best workout my suspension gets it hopping curbs to drive around people who sit in the middle of the lane at light so i can't make a right on red haha

i used to think it was just yankees that drive like that lol but ive found myself doing crap like that around here especially in my truck but yea LI is VERY small is there any "country" there? or just city?

I know the feeling, I prayed for snow this year because it's the closest thing I get haha...I payed attention the the weather last year like mad and got to in it before the plows would get dispatched lol.

If you've ever heard of Long Island then you know that I have nothing in the means of offroading..best workout my suspension gets it hopping curbs to drive around people who sit in the middle of the lane at light so i can't make a right on red haha

Ive found some dirt roads out at like exit 69 on the LIE hahaha.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back