• Register Today It's free!

97 parts for 2000???

justinius7

Reaction score
City, State
Edmonds, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2k XLT
MY FIRST POST on explorer forums... i used to be a part of another forum 1000+ posts a few years back, but it was with MBworld.

I have a GOLD 2000 XLT... i purchased a few weeks ago for 1,800 off CL... damaged.

Needs a FRONT LEFT FENDER and a FRONT LEFT DOOR... has minor dents in both... (and a big scratch that goes all the way to the rear) as well as Front End Suspensio - ball joints, rods, etc (1k+ worth of work at local shop)

I also found a GOLD Explorer 1997 (non eddie) $75 each... i did a search on this forum, and I see that there may have been a change in 1998? What is the diff between 1st Gen and 2nd Gen (i am assuming 91-94 is first and 95-01 is second?)

So my question is... will a 1997 parts (body and suspension) fit/work interchange? Are the GOLDS the same color?

any input is greatly appreciated!

Bump for the NB...

does anyone know if pre-98 and post 98 parts are interchangable??? body and steering???

Thanks!

Hello...

There were no major suspension changes from 1995 to 2001.

But there were minor body changes starting in 1998, going to 2001.

Doing a quick search on www.car-part.com I found at least a dozen or so in King & Snohomish County

Ryan

Thanks for the reply... WOW, never seen that site before... I have the XLT, but i dont think i have "the lip"? or are they speaking of something different??? When i think of the lip... i think of the big plastic peice on the Eddie's... is that the lip? or is there a different curve?

Back