• Register Today It's free!

97 sport

Hamhock

Reaction score
City, State
Ellis co tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Explorer Sport
Just picked her up today. Replacing my 4.0 94 ranger with troublesome a4ld. Below is craigslist ad.

Selling 1997 Ford Explorer Sport 229,000 miles $2000. 5 speed manual transmission runs a great no problems. Has a 4.0L V6 lots of torque. Limited slip rear end good for not getting stuck on the work sight. Heavy duty Luke clutch kit was installed along with the front and rear transmission seals. All fluid replaced less then 20K ago, Differential, transmission, coolant, clutch, brake and power steering. Many new parts. Alternator, Upper control arms, lower ball joints, sway links, inner and outer tie rods, radiator, hoses, thermostat, spark plugs, plug wires, Air conditioning system, shocks, drilled and slotted performance front rotors with brake pads and wheel bearings, rear rotors with brake pads and parking shoes. All these parts within the last 20K miles and many more little stuff. Have folder of all receipts. Its a reliable daily driver. I drove 75 miles per day highway 5 days a week. I had to buy a full size truck now no longer need the explorer.. New oversized tires 31x10.5-15 with full size spare. Plus a class 3 tow package.

01717_nNGkwFmNL1_600x450.jpg

Welcome to the forum. I've never had good luck with the A4LD, I swapped a 5 speed in my van when the auto went out.

Welcome to this forum! The body looks good but you should consider that it has high mileage, and is a 1997. Have the vehicle checked out by a reputable shop before you seal the deal. I know that the listing states that it has a lot of new parts.

Back