• Register Today It's free!

98 sport suspension

mark_98xp

Reaction score
City, State
Kingsport, Tennessee
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98sport
I've been researching here on my 98's rear suspension and found something about the mono-leaf. does this mean one leaf spring on each side. that is what my explorer sport has and i hate the way it rides. if so what can be done to improve the ride?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thanks carlover, what model years 4-door leaf packs will work with my 98?

thanks carlover, what model years 4-door leaf packs will work with my 98?
AFAIK, all of them. Of course newer would be better :). I think I got mine off a 2000.

does anybody know how much harder it is to install the body lift than the 4door leaves...the four door leaves were pretty easy.

What year 4 door leaf pack will fit a 96 Sport 2wd....thanks all

AFAIK, all of them. Of course newer would be better :). I think I got mine off a 2000.

Just a few posts above yours.

Dan

I've been researching here on my 98's rear suspension and found something about the mono-leaf. does this mean one leaf spring on each side. that is what my explorer sport has and i hate the way it rides. if so what can be done to improve the ride?

Eh, The way I see it, it's a sport model so it rides like a sport. I put monroe sensatracks all the way around and it rides a lot smoother. To even the height, take the torsion bolts out in the front and get a camber adjuster kit, then an alignment. Other than that, got to swap out for a 4 door leaf pack.

Back