• Register Today It's free!

Mounted my CB Today!!(pics)

TheChadders

Reaction score
City, State
Parker CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
So i mounted my 4foot whip and my cobra cb today!!! What do you guys think???
IMG_2998.jpg

IMG_3000.jpg

IMG_3001.jpg

IMG_3004.jpg

IMG_2999.jpg

IMG_3005.jpg

IMG_3007.jpg

IMG_3006.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good. How did you get your CB to fit in that spot? I have the same one and tried to get mine to fit in there.

Ha def a cool idea with placement in the center consol

Looks good. How did you get your CB to fit in that spot? I have the same one and tried to get mine to fit in there.
You know i kinda just shoved it in there i had to trim part of the inside of the cup holder trim to fit it to where i could close it

nice setup dude

Very creative! How is the antenna secured behind the bumper?

I mean...

on the inside of the bumper... the location is sweet! I think the 3rd gen has that space to put in the cb... (hand held model in glove box)

Mine's mounted the same way
attachment.php

Interesting console cover for someone from south Denver...
IMG_3005.jpg

i like the mounting spot for the cb and antenna, but i LOVE the armrest cover! what did you use to cover it?

Very creative! How is the antenna secured behind the bumper?

well the braket is ment for mirror mounts and i just drilled some holes and screwed it on and put some bolts and a couple washers on the bottom to try and get it straight up and down

Mine's mounted the same way
attachment.php

Interesting console cover for someone from south Denver...
IMG_3005.jpg

lol yea well i guess you can kinda consider me a redneck i think? i dont think so but people say i am

i like the mounting spot for the cb and antenna, but i LOVE the armrest cover! what did you use to cover it?

i went over to hobby lobby and bought a .90 cent bandanna and took apart armrest and used a staple gun and just stapled it down over the stock leather one

looks nice keep up the good work

A couple more questions...

The Chadders, What did you do to get the antenna black?:thumbsup:

Hokie, is your mic put through the wall of the center console? :thumbsup:

The Chadders, What did you do to get the antenna black?:thumbsup:

i went and bought some black electrical tape and just wraped it around really tight. You cant really tell that theres tape on it unless your a foot away from it.

I routed the mic cable through the vertical kleen-ex slot in the center console

lol yea well i guess you can kinda consider me a redneck i think? i dont think so but people say i am

I'm not against the stars on bars, I meant more I wouldn't expect to see stuff like that in Denver, CO.

Nice job!

i went and bought some black electrical tape and just wraped it around really tight. You cant really tell that theres tape on it unless your a foot away from it.

You really can't tell... I'll "borrow" that idea, thanks!

I routed the mic cable through the vertical kleen-ex slot in the center console

I'm not against the stars on bars, I meant more I wouldn't expect to see stuff like that in Denver, CO.

No slot, will need to drill :D:D

Just a flag, they're all over CA too... You can buy 'em just about anywhere.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You really can't tell... I'll "borrow" that idea, thanks!

No slot, will need to drill :D:D

Just a flag, they're all over CA too... You can buy 'em just about anywhere.

well what i meant to say is if you know its black tape then you are looking for that but for someone your showing the first time its hard to notice unless your up close ;)

Back