99 front bumper on a 97 X

DasFrem

Elite Poseur
Reaction score
City, State
Portland, OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
2 '97 sports
Over the summer I hit my first car (BMW Z3 of all cars) and my front bumper is bent slightly, the frame and everything is fine but I would like to replace the bumper all together. My question is, will a front bumper from a 99-2001 Explorer fit on my '97 Sport? I'd like to find a 99+ with the built in fog lights to replace it since that would look better than a 97 replacement.
Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes it will fit. The bumper itself is just plastic. The only metal in the entire bumper is the brace that attaches to both ends of the frame. They both bolt up exactly the same. It would be very easy, 15 minutes tops.
Just in the last week I have taken my bumper off and on probably 10 times mounting my new lights and tow hook.

That's awsome, I'll have to head to a junkyard this weekend or cut out of work to try and find one. Anybody have a clue as to what this should cost b4 I get ripped off? Thanks for the help.

Make sure that you take the bumper brackets off of the newer model, as the old brackets won't work on the newer bumper.

bumpers.com had some of the 99+ sport bumpers for around 300 with lights and everything!

Back