• Register Today It's free!

A/C Blower Noise

PJUSTICE2650

Reaction score
City, State
Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer XLT
Phil Here, Is it just me or does my A/C Blower sound like a jet plane when the fan is set to high and the A/C is on Max? I can hardly hear my wife,s conversation. [this could be a good thing] but it also gives me a headache. Any suggestions for a fix or is it just the nature of the beast?

2002 Ford Explorer XLT V8 Phil Justice

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine is the same...front and rear fans are the same, probably the same part number. Nasty noisy on high!

so just run it a speed or two lower than max. There is no need for max fan/ My car stays plenty cool on the 2nd and 3rd fan speeds. I often turn it down to 1. This is on the DATC with about 6 or 7 speeds.

My wife always puts it on 4 when we get in. I move it to 3. Seems to me, the air comes out cooler/hotter when on 3 any way.

Phil Here. Thanks very much for the replies..........

2002 Xplorer XLT V8

I'm in Texas and I rarely have a need to use 4 unless it's 100+ out and I'm needing to flush the hot air out after being parked (which needs to be done with the non-max setting and crack the rear windows).

I'm in Texas and I rarely have a need to use 4 unless it's 100+ out and I'm needing to flush the hot air out after being parked (which needs to be done with the non-max setting and crack the rear windows).

Phil Here, Thanks my friend, I will follow that procedure down here in Florida.........

2002 Explorer XLT V8

Back