• Register Today It's free!

A/C Blower Problem

BradE.

Reaction score
City, State
Cincinnati, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 XLT 4x4
I not have an A/C problem, I suspect with the blower motor. When I put the fan on the highest setting (not on Max A/C) there is a strange humming sound, and not as much air coming out of the vents. It only does this on the highest setting. Also does it on Max A/C in the highest setting.

On the lower settings, it does not make the humming noise, but air flow seems less.

Any ideas? Sounds like my blower motor is taking a dump. :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Of couse, I went out to test it and the it's not making the noise anymore and the air flow seems to be back to normal. Never fails. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I checked the Blower Motor relays, they are within spec. I doubt the resistor is bad, since it works in other positions other than high. So, I guess a new Blower Motor is in my future if it does it again. :(

You may had had some debris get in there???

Doubtful, the blower itself is a sealed unit.

Can't be sealed...How does the air get in?

It blows the air from the plentum into the car. The air itself drawn in from under the wiper cowl into the plentum, heated or cooled, then blown by the blower into the passenger area. The air does not come through the blower itself from outside the vehicle.

Back