explorer sport pics | Page 21 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

explorer sport pics

did you end up painting that bar?? What did you end up using? trim or gloss?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Heres my 02 Sport
Its got a k&n intake
2005 explorer limited rims with spacers
Clear corners
Warrior shackles

photo11.jpg

Heres my 02 Sport
Its got a k&n intake
2005 explorer limited rims with spacers
Clear corners
Warrior shackles

photo11.jpg

where did you get your clear corners and were they expensive?

I got the clear corners on ebay for $30 bucks.

Finally got some pictures of her again (but it was raining..) i have all the windows tinted and no lift on it yet...but i do have p265/70/16r's on right now. this week i should have my BFG KM2 33's :) along with my shackles and BL. :D

EXPLORERRAIN.jpg

EXPLORERRAIN-1.jpg

That's going to look great on your Sport. Can't wait to see the lift done.

That's going to look great on your Sport. Can't wait to see the lift done.

If you are referring to mine lol...yea i cant wait! I will be taking the running boards offs and i have some pro comp crawler series wheels coming (D windows with 3.75in BS) in flat black (not glossy)...so it will be silver and black all around (Go Raider's! :D)

Thank you!!!

@jimwww my brother had one that looked just like that. Always liked that body style

Love em

I absolutely love the look of them - especially the 99/2000. I think they are the best looking SUV made (to my eye) especially with bigger tires and a higher butt. :) :salute:

I find I feel it is much more personal than a 4dr. Most people don't know that it is a Ranger underneath and in a sense a true 4x4.

We never had the sport in the UK... and when I found out that they made them, I just had to have one... so, when I came over here that's one of the first things I set about getting.. and now I have 3!! I think they look so much better than the 2dr... and, if properly sorted, look better than a lot of new things out there too... they're just gorgeous.

Si

I absolutely love the look of them - especially the 99/2000. I think they are the best looking SUV made (to my eye) especially with bigger tires and a higher butt. :) :salute:

I find I feel it is much more personal than a 4dr. Most people don't know that it is a Ranger underneath and in a sense a true 4x4.

I think they look real good too and I think you're right about them being more personal. I'm 20, don't need easy access to the back seat for car seats, etc. It's just me, the ladyfriend and mud. Almost got a 99 but then I found out it was in 3 accidents and then I spotted my little 01 all alone and wanting a new home :D

Tires are on!

So I just put my new tires and found that after paying $80.00 for the warrior shackles (includes shipping) i already had auto zone extended shackles on already :( lol they are the same length just much more beefy. Either way i figure i can sell them now but i still got my 33x10.5x15 BFG KM2's on with some minor trimming/grinding :)
Before Tires:
ExplorerBefore-1-1.jpg

ExplorerBefore-2.jpg

After Tires:
ExplorerKM2-1.jpg

ExplorerFlex-5.jpg

ExplorerFlex-4-1.jpg

ExplorerFlex-3-1.jpg

ExplorerFlex-2-1.jpg

ExplorerFlex-1-1.jpg

So I just put my new tires and found that after paying $80.00 for the warrior shackles (includes shipping) i already had auto zone extended shackles on already :( lol they are the same length just much more beefy. Either way i figure i can sell them now but i still got my 33x10.5x15 BFG KM2's on with some minor trimming/grinding :)
Before Tires:

ExplorerFlex-4-1.jpg

Lookin' good! how long did it take you to do your trimming?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Govna47 - Being that i am not the most experienced engineer it took me roughly 2 hours with the wheels on. About 1 1/2hrs on one side and 30 minutes on the other lol. It took a grinder which i have never used one before and metal sheers (or scissors...whatever they are). I only trimmed the front too. The rear did not need it but i cut a little bit (no pics though :p)

Karpiel73 - Actually, i have a custom flowmaster exhaust and that is is just the new tailpipe that was made. Similar to stock so no actual "tip"...sounds "ok"...nothing like my ranger i had before. I would much rather have a turn down instead but i will keep it this way until it either gets smashed or broken. :)

LONO100 - Not yet! But you can bet i will as soon as i throw the BL on. In the process of moving into a house in 2 weeks so my time is being put into cleaning and packing right now. Whereabouts do you live in norcal???

And thank you all for the compliments! This is my baby and i am glad others can appreciate her :D

Back