A/C Question (I see the leak!) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A/C Question (I see the leak!)

If he system was empty it probably had some air in it. The ideal way todo this it to put the system into a vacuum (evacuation is not vacuuming!) onc the air and moisture are gone then refrigerant is added. I'm guessing your system would benefit from this.

Pressures

Glacier,
What are the "normal" pressures (low and high side both) we should be seeing on a retro'd 134a system @ around 80 deg. I realize that these numbers are depentent on several things. I just don't want to over fill my system. It is working great, it just seems to have a much harder time when the lovely Oklahoman summer time hits...85 deg with 60% humidity. Thanks in advance!

Here's a pic of an R-12 system gauge set at 75 degrees on a properly charged system

15286dscn3659.jpg

There is no hard and fast rule here, systems vary, condensor sizes vary, airflow varies. 134 will run with a slightly higher high side pressure, especially in a retrofit, so maybe add 20-30 lbs on the high side. HTH

Back