A little lift

Byrd91

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Penobscot, Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT
Hey guys. I have a 91 Explorer 4x4 and want to get a little lift. It looks like the best option in my case is Warrior shackles in back and springs or spacers in front. First of all will the Warriors work with stock shocks and the 91. The Warrior website says 96+, but I've seen a lot of you with 91-94's with the Warriors. About the shocks, it appears that they will work no problem. In front I'm leaning towards spacers because they're cheaper and I'm doing this mostly for the looks of bigger tires.(31's) I'm confused whether installing the spacers is an easy job. Some have said they go on top, others on bottom. Where do they go. What will I need? Also can I use a generic spacer (VIP), or should I get one design for the Explorer, if so where do I get them. Also will there be alignment problems with a 1-1.5" spacer. Someone said they couldn't get theirs to align. I forget who. Any help would be appreciated.

check this suspension lift out. It costs $149 and i believe that it involves new front springs and an add a leaf in the rear. It says it will lift it 2 inches. Dead Link Removed

scan down to the bottom. I think i will do this kit also.

1993 XLT
Rancho RS5000's
K&N FIltercharger
Michelin LTX MS( soon to be BFG AT's)
Pioneed head unit and speakers

Back