A Modest Proposal | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A Modest Proposal

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 XLT, 11 LTD?
We ordered a 11 Explorer LTD, Kona Blue, 402 package back in January. It was finally built on March 24, but there is still no delivery date. Jamie (from Ford customer service), my salesperson, my dealer and the regional manager have all been extremely helpful and apologetic but also seem unable to get any answers from Ford. I am getting very frustrated with Ford's inability to provide answers as to when it will actually ship.

Here's my modest proposal, Ford should take the same time and attention to tracking its outbound vehicles as it tracks its inbound supplies. I don't have a doubt that (except for the pigments and parts affected by the Tsunamis) Ford knows exactly when (within a day or two), on which carrier and how many of each parts are arriving at each of its factories for the next several months.

I frankly don't buy the excuses that there are problems at the rail yard or with the transportation contractor. These are really Ford problems. If the rail or shipping issues affected inbound supplies, Ford would have solved the problem already.

I believe this neglect is short sighted and is costing Ford $$$. Just as every day that a part since unused at the factory is lost money to Ford, every day that my vehicle sits at a plant waiting shipment is also lost money to Ford.

Very frustrated. Almost to the point of wanting to check out a Suburban or a Durango.

I can only imagine whats going on internally! I would not doubt it if someone lost their job or has been reassigned over this. A new product launch that is selling like crazy and customer cant get them.

I know how Ford works internally because I use to work there and internally, regardless of what the issue is, someone is under a tremendous amount of stress to get it fixed.

Back