• Register Today It's free!

A/v input while in motion

dont slow down

Reaction score
City, State
Elizabeth City NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 Explorer Limited
I've done some searching but I can't figure out how to enable a/v inputs to be viewed while in motion. I've gone through the most current forscan spreadsheet and the only line listed is how to enable the a/v input. I do have the nav in motion enabled and that works fine, however the a/v still cuts out when I shift to drive. Any ideas?

Ps no I'm not watching movies or anything, I wired up a little infared camera to be able to see our baby at night because it's hard to see her with the rear facing car seat. We just want to be able to tell if she is awake or asleep.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for that link. After sifting through all the BS in that thread I saw the devices mentioned.

I actually own one of those devices, the coastal etech lockpick and it's in my 2009 f150. I purchased it for the truck to unlock a few things since forscan doesn't have much data on older years. It's very glitchy. It only unlocks video in motion on occasion, nav in motion still doesn't work, about the only thing it does do well is allow you to add and view extra cameras (I added a baby cam there first, then the wife like it and wanted it in her car).

I thought about getting one for the explorer however I quickly realized it wasn't worth it. I already was able to nadd nav in motion via forscan, the explorer doesn't have a built in DVD player, amd there was already a A/v input built in. Everything I want is already there, except a/v in motion. I'll keep searching for now, hopefully someone else knows something and can chime in. I might start looking for some wiring diagrams and see if the old ground out the parking wire trick will work.

I’ve done some investigating and have determined that there is no park signal that comes from the actual shifter. I was hoping there was a sensor in the shifter that I could tap into. The park signal actually comes from within the transmission and is sent to the TCM. From the wiring diagrams I have found the only promising location to look into is a video enable wire on the APIM. Once I get time to tear the dash open I will do some testing.

Back