a4ld no reverse with new VB | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

a4ld no reverse with new VB

adeelregina

Reaction score
Hi,
I got a rebuilt A4Ld value body and no shorts. Also transmission seems to work better than before.

Just a new problem. My reverse wouldnt kick in. By this I mean from OD to reverse or neutral to reverse. What I notice is that if I start the car from park after been idle it goes into reverse but really slow. Also I checked and guage the transmission fluid.

Any suggestion on what is going wrong with the reverse?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

A. Choudhry

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

To add to the above, when I drive it for a while and then leave it on park for 5mins, the reverse kind off kicks in but low pressure, as I mentioned earlier I have a rebuilt a4ld, now what could I have missed that the reverse isnt kicking in?

Thanks again

NO OR DELAYED REVERSE ENGAGEMENT, FORWARD SATISFACTORY
1. Improper fluid level.
2. Damaged or improperly adjusted manual linkage.
3. Low main control pressure in reverse.
4. Reverse clutch assembly burnt, worn, leaking check ball in piston, or leaking piston seal rings.
5. Valve body bolts loose or too tight.
6. Sticking or dirty valve body.
7. Transmission filter plugged.
8. Pump damaged.
9. Low/reverse servo piston seal cut or leaking.

Hi,
Thanks for the response, I am not sure about this one "Low/reverse servo piston seal cut or leaking"

Where was this to be installed?

Thanks

Hi,
Thanks for the response, I am not sure about this one "Low/reverse servo piston seal cut or leaking"

Where was this to be installed?

Thanks

if you remove the pan, rear passenger side there's about a 2inch or so diameter cover. that is the low/rev servo cover.

Hi,
Thanks for the useful picture. As far as I remember, I didnt put a seal or gasket in that 2" diameter, you think thats my problem if so, where can I purchase the seal and what is it excatly called.

Thanks a lot

Regards,

A. Choudhry

Hi,
In the process of diagonising, I figured out that when my explorer is warm, reverse wont work at all. Although if the truck is left for park and switched off for more than 30mins, and I go to reverse, it works, but again low on pressure.

HI,
I am trying to find the gasket for the low/reverse servo, but cant. Can some1 post the link to where to purchase the gasket?

Thanks a lot

Regards,

A. Choudhry

Back