• Register Today It's free!

Another A4ld no reverse thread

vr4don

Reaction score
City, State
Vancouver Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Ranger 4x4
Sorry to start another A4ld thread, I tried searching but found no definitive answers.
Details
93 ford ranger a4ld 4wd autoTC
Backstory for awhile I had a 2-3 flare and occasionally I would get a whine/whirring noise when put in reverse
then one day I lost Drive, had to limp truck home in 1 and 2 also had no reverse after reading lots of threads I decided to rebuild vb, with shift kit and boost valve and D ring kit did my best cleaning and installing kit, put it all back together and tried it out. I have all forward gears (well i dunno if I tried od only took it up to ~40) have manual 1st and 2nd engine braking in all gears no reverse, like its not even there(occasionally I get slight whirring like noise) reverse lights work tried moving shifter all around to check for bent z link took it back apart to check low reverse zervo for for binding still no go errrr reverse Any suggestions? thinking I'll have to take vb back out and check it again Any help before I find a 5 speed to drop in this thing thanks
Don:confused:

So I went and bought a pressure gauge (harbor freight $17) hooked it up to the port directly behind the shift linkage (which I read was the pressure port) I started her up about 80 psi at start up reverse 85 psi idling, spikes gauge at over 140 psi if I rev motor, same with drive, so this leads me to believe that this could be a transfer case issue? I believe its a 1354 (electric shift) so off to the junkyard tomorrow to get a manual shift (on my too do list anyway) any thing else I should be looking at?

Back