About to buy 2013 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

About to buy 2013 Explorer

Eltee

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
In a high desert city not far from ghost towns ...
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT
4WD
Hello, I am on the verge of buying a 2013 Explorer. I live just over the hill from San Bruno on the coast side. Is there any particular mechanic, body shop, independent, etc. place you take your Explorer to? I'm looking at one from James Ford in HMB. Any insights appreciated. THANK YOU.

John's ="Eltee, post: 3596840, member: 71760"]Hello, I am on the verge of buying a 2013 Explorer. I live just over the hill from San Bruno on the coast side. Is there any particular mechanic, body shop, independent, etc. place you take your Explorer to? I'm looking at one from James Ford in HMB. Any insights appreciated. THANK YOU.[/QUOTE]
John's Auto in Colma is a pretty good independent. Serramonte Ford is up the hill and has a large body shop. I've used the body shop 4 times and not had a problem. They found the water leak on my 2016 Sport, opened seam on the A pillar in one visit. I've seen James Ford in HMB but never looked closely to check out the dealership size. Being on the coast and isolated from everyone else, dealership tends to be smaller.

John's ="Eltee, post: 3596840, member: 71760"]Hello, I am on the verge of buying a 2013 Explorer. I live just over the hill from San Bruno on the coast side. Is there any particular mechanic, body shop, independent, etc. place you take your Explorer to? I'm looking at one from James Ford in HMB. Any insights appreciated. THANK YOU.
John's Auto in Colma is a pretty good independent. Serramonte Ford is up the hill and has a large body shop. I've used the body shop 4 times and not had a problem. They found the water leak on my 2016 Sport, opened seam on the A pillar in one visit. I've seen James Ford in HMB but never looked closely to check out the dealership size. Being on the coast and isolated from everyone else, dealership tends to be smaller.[/QUOTE]

THANKS. I'll keep John's Auto, etc. in mind.

Back