About to order -- Help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

About to order -- Help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think you might have too much backspace on those. They'll fit your truck no problem, but with more backspace than stock the wheel will be pulled closer in to the truck. I think. Check out this thread, I've been looking at it a lot lately, but I might be confused, its been known to happen, lol. You have enough lift to clear 33s right? I don't THINK that you'll have any issues with that set up, just depends how much you want the wheel to be pushed outside the body.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153350

I bought the tires, Now I need the Rims for a 2000 Explorer. The bolt pattern is 5 on 4.5 -- But thats ALL I know.

The tires are 33x12.50x15.

Will these rims work:
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=CRR-3975812&view=1&N=700+150

Not sure on backspacing.. etc.

Do you need to buy new lugs or anything else?

Most of us use a wheel with 3.75" back spacing. The 4" wheel could work, but just keep an eye out for rubbing on the back wheel well, fender area. Yes you will need new lugs for those wheels, at least I did. What type of lift do you have right now for those tires to fit? A 4" suspension lift alone will prolly need a little trimming done. A body lift with the suspension lift will work, a TT with a body lift will work also. Just wondering.

hmm. Summit doesn't carry a 3.75"

Whered you guys find yours?

Can't find them anywhere.

does .25" really make a huge difference??

Can anyone help me?

I need these ordered tonightt

Those might work, but for the price, How much difference would .25" make??

Anyone running 4.00"?

1/4 inch , , you gotta be kidding me,, Gman has them rims on his truck , he knows they work, , as do about 1000 others on here,, same rims,, same backspace,.,

the extra it puts them out means more cutting on the bumper and the fender,,

Those rims are backordered too.

Is anyone running 4.00" backspacing?

the 4.00 inch will work, it is not that different,, the wheel just hangs out 1/4 inch more,, it should be okay,
i did a bit of searching after my other post, seems there are alot running the 3.75 , and alot with 4.00,

When shopping for 3.75 back spaced wheels, sometimes they don't offer the English measurement. Look for -19 mm it is the same as 3.75". If you don't have to run black, you have hundreds of options out there to fit your budget needs.

Another word of advice, Never Expect an immediate reply on this site, ever. This forum is not a convenience store with clerks behind the counter waiting on you alone. The Search button is there for a reason, you need to learn how to use it if you want answers fast. We help others because we WANT to, not because we have to.

Back