about to remove v8 and explorer emblems | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

about to remove v8 and explorer emblems

hey im about to remove the v8 emblems and see how big the holes are for the explorer and ford emblems on the tail gate. does anyone have any last minute advice/ tips/ things to look out for? im gonna use fishing line and acetone.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You might want to use a hair dryer too.

Good luck.....

good idea... i was planning to do that but i forgot. thanks

alright... i just removed all my emblems (3-v8, 1-explorerXLT, 1-ford). for now i have some hotskates stickers covering the holes in teh rear hatch until i find something better to do. but i really like how it looks now, its a lot cleaner. oh i used the acetone a little and around where i used it the clearcote looks a little cloudy. im sure this is not good, thats why i stopped using the acetone once i noticed it. im hoping its smeared sticky stuff, but i have a bad feeling that its perminent damage to the clearcote. ill see if i can get it off tomorrow, but if it is damaged clearcote, is there a way to fix it?

I will buy the blue ford oval if you want to sell it. Just name the price. someone stole mine off two days ago and broke my explorer sport emblem. It now says. "Orer Sport" damn vandals.

I used acetone to remove mine too and had no troubles.

Try using some wax/polish on the area and see if that helpd.

Hood luck.....

id sell them to you but my dad says i have to keep them around for whenever we have to sell the car again so i can put them back on. sorry.

thats cool i understand.

Back