ABS and AdvanceTrac and 4x4 HIGH Idiot Lights On | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ABS and AdvanceTrac and 4x4 HIGH Idiot Lights On

Hi syber tiger I have the same problem with my explorer eddy Bauer 03 every thing you described is the same with mine I'm just wondering how much do yo paid for the from wheel bearing and if is good idea take it to the dealer to fix

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

curryxt said:
Hi syber tiger I have the same problem with my explorer eddy Bauer 03 every thing you described is the same with mine I'm just wondering how much do yo paid for the from wheel bearing and if is good idea take it to the dealer to fix

See if this link answers your questions.

I just experienced identical symptoms and dashboard indicators on my 2005 Exp. w/ 130 K miles.
Drivers front wheel ABS speed sensor had failed.
Tech advised that fault codes still had to be cleared after speed sensor was replaced to return to normal operation.

Advance trac, abs, 4x4

I had same issue at 100k miles exactly. I had noticed a slight grinding at right front wheel a few months prior when I turn hard right. Thought it was stock tires rubbing, but was not. Then one day advance trac light, abs and 4x4 high started flashing all at same time. I nearly crapped my pants. This issue at highway speed can kill you! The very thing designed to prevent roll over will also cause it. Main culprit is the abs speed sensors which control all three things. Might as well do both sides at same time. Also found that my hubs and bearings were bad so changed those too. A good, but cheap mechanic this is a $700-900 fix. Do it urself for less than $400, but do both sides. This seems to be a common thing as well as the crappy transmissions they put in these trucks.

This is what is happening with mine right now. All 3 have came on and it's after we replaced both the wheel hub assemblies with new sensors. These warning chimes are driving me nuts.

Advance trac, abs, 4x4

I had same issue at 100k miles exactly. I had noticed a slight grinding at right front wheel a few months prior when I turn hard right. Thought it was stock tires rubbing, but was not. Then one day advance trac light, abs and 4x4 high started flashing all at same time. I nearly crapped my pants. This issue at highway speed can kill you! The very thing designed to prevent roll over will also cause it. Main culprit is the abs speed sensors which control all three things. Might as well do both sides at same time. Also found that my hubs and bearings were bad so changed those too. A good, but cheap mechanic this is a $700-900 fix. Do it urself for less than $400, but do both sides. This seems to be a common thing as well as the crappy transmissions they put in these trucks.

Is this an easy DIY fix? Any special tools needed? I recall having to have this repaired a few years ago. I don't recall which side was replaced.

I've had this happen a couple of times to me as well. Both times was front wheel bearings/ABS sensors. Although when mine went I was able to pull codes. My SCT couldn't read any DTC codes but my friend has a more in depth machine that allows for you to pull ABS codes and that's how I got to the bottom of it. Hope this helps in some way. Good luck
I replaced front passenger bering assembly w sensor still having problems

Back