• Register Today It's free!

add a leaf help

BigJoe1094

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mercury Mountaineer
ok i know there are a thousand threads that say something about this but i cant find what im looking for. i have a 2000 mercury mountaineer awd that i want to aal to but i want a long leaf because i have heard the short ones arnt as good. can someone please give me a link to where i can find these? also i, like everyone else, have the rear drivers side sag problem and was wondering if it would be beneficial to swap drivers side and passenger side leaf springs and aal?? thanks guys

I had a similar problem with the back end wanting to sag. to really fix the problem get new leaf springs. what i did was basically put a band aid on it and got extended shackles. with the add a leaf i normal hear that term when somebody has done a SOA. Im not 100% sure with the AAL though. I hope that gave you ideas. Another thing, look in the summit Magazine. the sell all sorts of stuff for lifts

i was thinking that would be better anyway :\ thanks for the response

ok i know there are a thousand threads that say something about this but i cant find what im looking for. i have a 2000 mercury mountaineer awd that i want to aal to but i want a long leaf because i have heard the short ones arnt as good. can someone please give me a link to where i can find these? also i, like everyone else, have the rear drivers side sag problem and was wondering if it would be beneficial to swap drivers side and passenger side leaf springs and aal?? thanks guys

im only aware of one size aal. it goes next to the bottom leaf. summit has them for 35bucks. when i went there and told them i wanted add-a-leafs for a 99 explorer... they didnt sell them for a 99. for some reason they only are advertised for 95-96. they only options they said is helper springs (bolt over the leaf pack - used for towing) so if you do order them, just look up pro comps aal's for a 95 or 96 explorer... they will work, they are the same leaf pack... i have no idea y summit doesnt fix that lol...

alot of people to swap the left/right side leaf packs. it wouldnt hurt. - the fuel tank and the driver are both on the drivers side... over time that extra weight wears that side out faster. so ya that will help the one side sag.

Back