• Register Today It's free!

Add a Leaf/Rear end alignment?

J. Kennedy

Reaction score
City, State
Acton, Mass
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 XLT
Ok, so I added the Add a Leafs from Summit. I tried putting the U - bolts back exactly where I had found them. Now the passenger side tire seems to stick out further than the drivers side!

Each leaf spring bolt is in the hole on the axle. Are there any visible alingment marks on the body, frame, or axle that I did not see? What is the best way to get the rear end alinged dead on? Any suggestions would be HUGELY appreciated as this is driving me nuts.

[Edited by J. Kennedy on 01-21-2001 at 10:51 AM]

I'm not sure if its true on your model explorer, but I believe 2001expsport has one side of his rear axle stick out more than an inch on one side. He was told that is how it was and measured a stock 2001 and that one was the exact same.
Pete

Got the same problem on my 2000. it wasn't noticable until I put on the BFG's and now one sticks out and one is still tucked in under the fender. Actually the front has the same problem also.

ya i have a 91 w/33-12.5 adn i just yesterday noticed that my passanger side sticks out further than the driver side, so it sounds like you put it back together right if everyone else says that there exps are the same.

Back