Adjustable Lowering Suspension For 02-04 Explorer 4-Doors Coming Soon! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Adjustable Lowering Suspension For 02-04 Explorer 4-Doors Coming Soon!

JOHN V.

Reaction score
City, State
RICHMOND.CA.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
We are excited to announce a complete shock and spring package with adjustable ride height capabilities for the 02-04 X's with independent rear suspension. We will carry this set up by KW Suspension when it is released after the first of the year. This is a tuned coil over suspension system that features factory bushings, teflon seals, high tensile racing springs, aluminum collars and polished Inox stainless steel construction. The shock dampning is preset for optimal handling and ride quality. This set up allows you to adust your drop from 1" to 2.75"! This is the high tech way to get a serious drop and still achieve good ride quality and handling. This company has a lot of experience with independent suspensions in European cars. They also offer a lift kit that will give a 1" - 2.50" lift. This is the best way to lower or lift an Explorer, Mountaineer or Aviator with independant suspension.

High tech suspension components that get good results do not come cheap. The lift kit & lowering kit will have a list price of $1395.

Our introductory price will be $1299 here at Explorer Express. We will install it on our new 2004 Supercharged X in January. We will have more pics and feedback at that time. You can also expect it to be featured in Truckin SUV Magazine!

Attachments

• kw suspensions product 2.jpg
    kw suspensions product 2.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 795

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is a good question. We will have to do some measuring once we get them in our hands. We know it would still be an interesting project. But I know a lot of guys around around here would jump through hoops on fire to do get a serious drop out of a GEN 2.

The alignment issues would still stand if you could get them to work on a 2nd gen. Plus you'd probably have to cut off the bumpstop bracket. All of which I'm willing to do.

Originally posted by Hartman
The alignment issues would still stand if you could get them to work on a 2nd gen. Plus you'd probably have to cut off the bumpstop bracket. All of which I'm willing to do.
Me too! Just think of the ride quality improvement. I definately want to stay posted on this.

by the pics from the sema show I dont think It will work in the front a a 95-01 X because of the shock set up. You have any input John?

DSCF1956.jpg

To make this work on a gen 2 X you would be looking at a total custom set up. It would be like doing a Ranger conversion. A lot of and a lot of fabrication, we won't be doing it.

Back