• Register Today It's free!

Adjusting Rearview Camera

Texas2022

Reaction score
City, State
Denton,Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 explorer XLT
How do you adjust the height of the factory back camera it is facing down too much and showing part of the bumper in the camera view. It is a 2015 ford explorer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How much bumper do you see?
I can see the top of the bumper on my 14.
I think that's how it's supposed to be so you can see how close your bumper is to something.

How much bumper do you see?
I can see the top of the bumper on my 14.
I think that's how it's supposed to be so you can see how close your bumper is to something.
The top, but I don't think we saw any of the bumper before. My wife would like it adjusted, but don't see a way to adjust it.

The top, but I don't think we saw any of the bumper before. My wife would like it adjusted, but don't see a way to adjust it.
I don't think it's made to be adjustable. The factory angle is meant to let you see how close your bumper is to things when you're maneuvering a parking space. If you have rear backup sensors, those can alert you to things that might be out of the camera's range. Moving the camera would make it so you can't use it like it was intended.

How do you adjust the height of the factory back camera it is facing down too much and showing part of the bumper in the camera view. It is a 2015 ford explorer.
There is no adjustment for the camera. It is operating as designed. Even the front and rear cameras on my Aviator show parts of the bumpers.

Peter

Back