• Register Today It's free!

Rearview Camera

Ariella

Reaction score
City, State
Harrisville,Ms
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 explorer
My camera & both key fobs stopped working at the same time. I took the vehicle to the shop they said my camera needed to be replaced and both keys reprogrammed. All of the happen after I renewed my satellite subscription. I couldn't afford the nearly 800 dollars to fix it. So I took the battery cable off and tried to reboot the system. Now the camera works sometimes, key fob still doesn't work. The man at the shop said I needed a whole new camera assembly. And that when I removed the battery cable I unprogrammed the key. If that's the case I would have to reprogram the key everytime I bought a new battery. As for the camera I think it's a short. Has anyone else had this problem?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't think you can re-program your key or key fob by disconnecting the battery. I often have my battery disconnected for a bunch of reasons and nothing like that ever happens. Any body else here of this?
I would just disconnect the camera and see what happens then. Sounds like you may have a short or tapped into the wrong wire.
Robert

I don't think you can re-program your key or key fob by disconnecting the battery. I often have my battery disconnected for a bunch of reasons and nothing like that ever happens. Any body else here of this?
I would just disconnect the camera and see what happens then. Sounds like you may have a short or tapped into the wrong wire.
Robert
Thank you that's what I said. And they told me at the dealership I was wrong.

Go ahead and disconnect the camera. Then reboot. If you tapped the camera into the rap module you might have screwed something up. if not then time to re-read the instructions for the installation of the camera. I don't know what to tell you about the key or the fobs, I have never heard of anything like that before by just disconnecting the battery. Might want to call a different dealership and talk to the service department and see what they say. Hope that helped.
Robert

Go ahead and disconnect the camera. Then reboot. If you tapped the camera into the rap module you might have screwed something up. if not then time to re-read the instructions for the installation of the camera. I don't know what to tell you about the key or the fobs, I have never heard of anything like that before by just disconnecting the battery. Might want to call a different dealership and talk to the service department and see what they say. Hope that helped.
Robert
Thank you, I'll try that.

Back