Aftermarket airdamn for a 99 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aftermarket airdamn for a 99

aldive

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT
I seek information on available aftermarket airdams for a 99.

Explorer Express has one listed in their latest print catalog but not in the on line catalog; I assume this means they don't have it.

Help....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Al,
Yes they have it, but you have to call them and they will give you price and all that good stuff. They are nice for a street machine.

Thanks, Ray, as usually you are full of helpful info.

Wonder why its not in the online catalog?

Explorer Express DOES have airdams listed in their online catalog, they just put it in the wrong place for some reason. It's under "Interior > Airdams". Hope that helps.

True, but, I am interested in one for a 99 and they do not have that listed in the online catalog.

Thanks anyway....

Explorer Express has sooo much stuff in their print catalog thats not in their online catalog.

I wonder why? It is so much easier to keep the online version current.

Hmmm.........I didn't realize that. Is getting the catalog worth it?

I know the page says their catalog costs however much...but they never charged me for one. I havent looked around the web site too much lately but I thought the catalog was nice...gives more pictures so you can see how everything looks.

Al,

I just put my EE airdam on my '99 front end (which I then put on my '96 X) yesterday! It looks great and fits perfectly.

It does not come with mounting hardware but that's no big deal as it's just a couple of bolts anyways.

The only problem is they don't have the little piece that covers part of the bumper in the middle. I wish they did 'cause it would look awesome with that.

Later,

we want pics!

--mark

I will I promise.

I figured out this morning that my bumper wasn't centered quite right so I have to shift it this weekend. I also don't have fog lights so there are these big ol' holes in the bumper which are crying out to be filled. If I can get everything done this weekend and give my X a bath I'll post 'em Sunday night.

It does look ****-hot though:smoke: lol

Later,

Originally posted by YetiX

It does look ****-hot though:smoke: lol

hahahaha - "**** hot"! i actually saw pics of the other day, and it does look damn good :)

tbomb,

I decided I'm just going to paint that center part like you suggested. Since it's down low I don't think people will really notice that it's not a smooth finish. I'll paint it and wash it this weekend and then post Sunday!

Back