• Register Today It's free!

aftermarket front bumper

jonlax

Reaction score
City, State
Bensalem, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 xlt
I am looking for an aftermarket front bumper or some way for mounting a warn up front. i have a 2001 sport and just can't seem to find parts for it. I am also looking for fiber glass front fenders but can only find them for the 1st gen explorers. I am trying to get them mounted if they actually make then for my model before it gets shipped in march to germany. Please help me find parts for my exploder.

army jon

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do some searching on the net at different truck accessories sites. I know Mile Marker makes a brush guard for a 01 sport that is also a winch mount. It's like 900 dollars though. 4Wheel Parts used to sell it but I dont see it on their site anymore. As far as fenders go try looking for ones that will fit an 01 sport trac. If they fit on them they will work on yours. I also have an 01 but I figured for $900 id just build my own winch bumper.

thanks for the hook up! all i kept finding is parts for older explorers.

Jon

You could have someone make you a custom front bumper and winch mount for WAY less than that. $600 or so should get you a wicked nice front bumper with brush guard and winch mount. Find a fabricator near you. Here's another (nicer looking imo) option for fenders.
http://www.mcneilracinginc.com/off-road-fiberglass/Ford/Explorer/01-05_2dr/index.htm#

What I did for a winch is have a custom front mounted hitch made for the front of my sport trac. I have a warn winch mounted on a "multi-mount" platform that mounts in the receiver when I use it.

Back