Air ride suspension on 1999 limited new shock airline issues | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Air ride suspension on 1999 limited new shock airline issues

etherial_cruiser

Reaction score
City, State
Nakusp, B.C.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 explorer limited
Does anybody know of how to properly connect the new 1/8" air shock lines to the original 1/4" (?) compressor line? Any specialty tee available for this? thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There are conversion fittings available. What's an 1/8 and 1/4? ID of the line? Rubber tubing?

The factory ARC lines are about 1/8", nothing near 1/4" big. What fitting do you have that seems to be close to 1/4"?

I have that ARC system on my 99 limited.

There are conversion fittings available. What's an 1/8 and 1/4? ID of the line? Rubber tubing?
The replacement shock tubing appears to be nylon or Teflon 1/8" o.d. whereas the plastic line on the o.e.m may be actually closer to 3/16, not 1/4" o.d. I will put my caliper on it once i get under the vehicle again.

So you have an aftermarket shock not made as replacement for the ARC shocks? The OEM ARC shocks are still available, on eBay, for about $120 a pair shipped.

Back