• Register Today It's free!

Airbag B2292, ABS C1234

Goose25

Reaction score
City, State
moon
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 XLT
Hi I've got a 2003 explorer XLT and got the following problems.

Airbag light is on with error code b2292-33

I did some googling and came up with "safety belt pretensioner fault"

flashcode 33 = driver side

I also found error values on the net, but wasn't given any when we pulled the error codes from the vehicle? Anyone know how to get the error values? and how to fix this?

error value 31 - DR circuit low resistance
30 - DR open cicuit
29 - DR short to battery
28 - DR short to ground

27 - PS circuit low resistance
26 - PS open cicuit
25 - PS short to battery
24 - PS short to ground

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

ABS light is also on.

Error code C1234

I came up with "wheel spped RF signal missing"

I'm guessing Right front abs sensor is faulty, possibly dirty. what can i try to clean this sensor with, and if I have to change it, what is the part # and where can I find one? stealership?

My light comes on periodically too. The problem is I don't drive the vehicle very often and when I get to it the light is fine.

Let us know how you get this fixed. I'm right behind you trying to diagnose mine.

Hi I've got a 2003 explorer XLT and got the following problems.

Airbag light is on with error code b2292-33

I did some googling and came up with "safety belt pretensioner fault"

flashcode 33 = driver side

I also found error values on the net, but wasn't given any when we pulled the error codes from the vehicle? Anyone know how to get the error values? and how to fix this?

error value 31 - DR circuit low resistance
30 - DR open cicuit
29 - DR short to battery
28 - DR short to ground

27 - PS circuit low resistance
26 - PS open cicuit
25 - PS short to battery
24 - PS short to ground

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

ABS light is also on.

Error code C1234

I came up with "wheel spped RF signal missing"

I'm guessing Right front abs sensor is faulty, possibly dirty. what can i try to clean this sensor with, and if I have to change it, what is the part # and where can I find one? stealership?

You need to look at TSB 03-11-3 for the restraint system error. Here's one place I found with Google: http://www.justanswer.com/questions/1kiuz-2002-explorer-xlt-put-drivers

The ABS wheel speed sensors are available from aftermarket. Try Rockauto.com or Ebay or Google. Good luck.

The wheel sensors in the fronts are part of the wheel bearing. First check the connector and wiring but they can be replaced, might try a junkyard for it other wise its a little expensive. I don't think you will have any luck in cleaning it, its not exposed but inside the bearing. I have found the hard way if by chance when your changing your brakes and the caliper slips and drops the ABS wire will catch it, and kill as in my case. I just swapped out the wheel bearings so i had an extra.

Back