• Register Today It's free!

airfilter mods

MHanrahan

Reaction score
City, State
Massachusetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Sport
Ok first off is a KN filter charger(or similar product) that much better than a flat KN filter, in a explorer that is almost all stock. And since the filter charger wont fit on my elxplorer because it's a 98, is a KKM tru sport worth the 90 bucks? And whats a good super chip?
Is synthetic oil worth the extra money?
And what are some mods that will increase my gas milage and or power, and at a reasonable price?
Thanks I'd really apreciate the info.

i have a 94 with a differnt engine but i still may be able to help. the kkm is good. the only probem ive heard is that it sucks hot underhood air. i think you can drop a k&n conical filter of some sort in the stock airbox/tube if you dont have an air box. im not sure but i think there is a K&N fipk for your explorer as one isnt available for mine. something i read that will help is new plugs and wires. try not to gas it around everything and that will help too:)
it depends on what is reasonable to you. i think a cat-back exhaust will do a lot of good if you go with a performance air filtration device. then theres always a superchip but thats a little pricey sooooo......

Back